91. New Low

Somin and Mia

Somin and Mia

All students were supposed to showcase their art after breakfast, but everybody got socially tired. Teachers called a quits and students slowly packed their stuff and parted in their respective ways.

This time Mia was close to Somin the whole day, cautiously scanning the surroundings and checking if Cholsu showed up.

How sweet of her.

The pink-haired girl was moved by her sisterly love until guilt found her.

Why am I flirting with her boyfriend? It's not right, she's too good to me. More importantly, why is he flirting back with me, this won't end up well.

She was overthinking everything again.

I hope it isn't too obvious.

Embarrassment showed up to fill the trifecta of self-blaming.

"In the evening..." Mia said warily, "... your hair looked horrible, but now it changed. This length actually compliments your face shape so well! What happened?"

Shit! Should I say he came so close I could...

"Ehm, I did it by myself in the morning," Somin lied.

Teho would lie too.

"Whoa, you did an amazing job, even from the back, you have to cut my split ends sometimes. What a secret skill Somin-ssi!" Mia exclaimed.

"Yeah, if I fail as an artist I could try to succeed as a hairdresser." Somin laughed softly, but still it felt like she was caught in the act.

Well, you found a new low Somin, after all of this, you had to lie directly to her eyes without as much as batting an eye.

Inner voice remarked and her stomach hurt with uneasiness.

...

In the evening the troubled paintress reflected on the whole weekend. Looking through her work and feeling more unhappy.

I survived it...

with the meltdown...

and ugly hangover.

New day, new me.

Images of Cholsu stubbing his cigarette to her drawing came out of nowhere. The black hot dot of trash slowly ate up at the landscape which wasn't worthy to look at.

Stop feeling sorry for yourself, it doesn't help anything. The young artist pestered herself.

Let the past die.

Let's work and sleep, I don't need anything else.

But still, she dreamed about Teho's tender touches.