43. Play a Game With Me!

Somin and Teho

Somin and Teho

Frantic "knocks" on the flat door disturbed Somin from her failed attempts to focus on reading in order to relax from the whole day of working. She tiredly opened the door.

"Coming!" Somin expected to see Mia, even though the night was still young.

Late enough to fall asleep with a book, but not to be back from a dancing marathon.

Would the party be so short?

Somin yawned, already clothed in her pajamas—a pink and green cactus print set.

"Well look who the cat dragged in," she remarked, seeing the slightly red face of Teho snickering back at her.

What? Somin's face revealed shock.

"Wanna play a game?" the slow-downed boy asked without pretense, honest as one could be.

We're friends after all. Teho smiled drunkenly.

Now, when it was clear Mia wouldn't be at his side for a while, he wanted to check if the Somin chemistry had finally left. Testing his hypothesis that it was due to the frustration from the lack of intimacy.

...

The loneliness of Teho's flat made him restless.

There was nobody comfortable to socialize with who stayed around for a Saturday night. All his roommates went home after an early lunch together.

He couldn't make himself stay still or work for that matter, feeling guilty he had bailed out of the party, leaving Mia alone with her girlfriends heading to the club. He made a bullshit excuse about meeting them later. Although she looked more than alright just in their company.

He had a few beers with all of the familiar faces while out with the gorgeous dancer, but couldn't find the right mood. The day, well spent outside shooting, couldn't have ended on a more sour note. To prevent ruining his reputation, feeling moody and too drunk to stay polite, he quietly left.

Well, Somin is alone at home, let's have some fun.

His drunken self felt immense relief that the opportunity invited itself this smoothly.