40. Sensual Gift

Somin, Mia and Teho

Somin, Mia and Teho

Teho examined the books on the living room shelves a few times as he sat opposite Somin, who ate her dinner and sketched while sitting in the second armchair.

"I don't know how to feel about you sniffing around my books," Somin made a joke that Mia overlooked.

"You should have displayed them somewhere else then," Teho shot back and after Somin stayed silent he added, "I treat it like a gallery."

"That means no touching," Somin said smugly.

"Dang, you should have put up the rope in front. I don't know which areas we aren't permitted to cross," he chuckled and Somin rolled her eyes.

"Chill, they're just books," Mia moderated the exchange, hoping they wouldn't fight.

The self-invited guest lazily viewed every single book she had while Mia painted her nails on the sofa in preparation for going out. The dancer was getting ready to explore the city's nightlife later while Teho hadn't disclosed his plans, but it sure didn't look like he'd want to go out with his new girlfriend.

Maybe dancing isn't his thing. Mia excused his lack of effort.

What an unusual Friday night. Somin thought.

Having too many people in her close vicinity was as unusual as it could get. Her normal Friday nights would be like every other day. Either working or watching the latest drama on her laptop, alone.

"Hmm, Somin-ssi you have here a few pieces I'm missing in my collection," the daring boy said, turning his head to her.

He was sprawled on the armchair, legs leaning against the backrest as he watched Somin upside down holding a book above his head. He had a good view of the shelves.

"Well, some are treasures," Somin scoffed.

Drawing her exposed leg with colored pencils in her sketchbook, she felt his stare on her skin. The boy held the art catalog up and read the cryptic dedication.

"Read between the lines till the night falls," Teho read theatrically.

"Who the fuck writes that into a book like this?" The handwriting was erratic and bold.