123. Corner of Your Lips

Somin and Teho

Somin and Teho

A few hours down the line Teho hung out around the dorm. Leaning back casually on the concrete wall of the building, waiting. Recognizing Junu from afar, accompanying Somin here.

The quiet friends said their goodbyes and Somin walked slowly to the dorms alone, a shopping bag in one hand.

Late afternoon clouds were turning from light orange to soft red. Teho finished his work some hours ago and was only nervously stepping around, thinking.

Confrontation. As Rupi had said.

Easier said than done.

Mainly when you care about the other person. It was a piece of cake picking girls before when it was just fun and games. Yet now, his own feelings were at stake and the words kept leaving his tongue.

I have never acted like this before, I feel like such an idiot.

He closed the distance, positioning himself under her arm to relieve the injured leg.

"What do you think, you doing Teho-ah?" She wasn't angry, only taken back by his presence.

Teho stayed silent and she leaned on him, his warmth was soothing. His heated palm supported her lower back.

Oh lord, help me. Somin's lust ignited.

What a challenging day.

...

Teho silently led Somin to her flat, opening the door for her and taking her bag to relieve her injured body. The darkness inside greeted them, contrasting with pink light permeating from the hall window. She turned to him, thank yous on her lips, but his expression took away all of the words she had prepared.

Quietly waiting, almost questioning her without saying anything, looking for something in her eyes.

Say something Teho, please. Silence only increased the intensity of his stare.

He's too close.

The absence of sound didn't make her uncomfortable, it made a space to listen to their mellow breathing, softly sounding between them instead of words.

I'll be gentle.

Teho was usually quickly done with everything without care for relationship statuses. He looked only for the cheap thrill in relationships, but Somin was driving him crazy. The realization of the feeling he held for her scared him.

I don't want to mess it up.

I don't even know how to build a relationship in the first place.

The adamant boy got so close his nose touched Somin's and the surprised girl breathed the tension out softly, not turning and running away, but finally accepting this intimacy. His sweet breath got under her skin, his plump pink lips were so close.