154. Peace Of Mind IV.

Kim Teho

Kim Teho

End of the last school year

After a delicious lunch with the whole family, Teho rested for a while. Laying down and looking at the ceiling, purely turning off his brain.

In the end, he packed his camera and went out to work. Clothed in a loose black sheen shirt, adding a dark red fluffy sweater to his bag.

Just in case I hung out again at some dark, moist, cold places.

The sun shone brightly as the summer was already there in its full intensity so he put on a hefty load of sunscreen, so as to not ruin the caramel tone of his skin. He thought of the upcoming trip.

...

"Please tell me you'll be free," Rupi tried to clarify with him during lunch. "I already paid every expense in advance."

Mum furrowed her brow at him.

"Alright, I'm almost done with this semester, you're lucky. A few weeks earlier and you'd be going alone. Why couldn't you wait until I'm free at last?" Rupi looked into her bowl like she didn't hear the question.

"She'll be off to the mountains the whole summer with her boyfriend," their mother explained and Rupi shot her an embarrassed look.

Mum, no.

"Wait, wait, wait... what!?" Teho put his hands up, astounded.

"End of discussion, we'll go tomorrow." Rupi took the rest of her meal away, where she wouldn't be interrogated while mum smiled.

Teho drank water to cool down from the shock.

"Did you know about this?" He asked Kyuri.

"I'm not a snitch," she said in a mocking tone.

"The girls in this household have a nerve, really," he mumbled to himself.

Kyuri petted his shoulder. "You still love me right, oppa?" Teho's heart melted.

Yes. I do.

...

The night was rough on him. The restless boy kept waking up, anxious but excited nonetheless. Wandering through the dark house, observing the moonlight, making a shadowplay in the interior just for him, Teho sat down on the cold floor looking at the rays of pale blue absentmindedly.

What is life about?

His sleepy, tired mind ran its course. Confused by this raw thought, which chilled him to the bone, he finally, uncomfortably drifted to sleep, the cold floor making his muscles stiff.

...

The vivid pink light of the upcoming dawn colored his hair when Rupi gently woke him up.

"Rise and shine."