19. Making Amends

Somin, Mia and Teho

Somin, Mia and Teho

As she drank her morning coffee, Somin leaned against the kitchen counter, observing Mia, who was just finishing her stretching in the living room. She prepared her beverage automatically using her dripper, caring about the art of making a delicious drink the same as any other canvas big or small. Somin unexpectedly missed the heavy smell of roasted beans that had permeated the whole shop she used to work in.

The tired paintress reflected on yesterday's unfortunate alteration with Teho, feeling guilty and righteous at the same time.

"So what about that Teho guy?" Somin asked Mia nonchalantly.

"What about him?" Mia asked back, reaching her hand upwards and turning her gaze to it while supporting her body with the other hand, doing a side plank.

"He's a prime asshole," Somin stated.

"Is he?" Mia asked back, "Why do you think so? We just met him," her leg straightened like Somin's never could when she turned her torso and made a downward-facing dog pose.

"He's..." Somin couldn't find her words, just clenched her fist like grasping for air would help.

A "knock" on the flat door distracted her scattered thoughts.

"Speak of the devil," Mia stated.

"What?" Somin almost choked on her delicious drink, loosening her bun quickly. She assessed her not-so-godly looks.

"Maybe we all started on the wrong foot, I thought it'll help us get used to each other better," Mia explained, "He texted me last night and apologized for the tense atmosphere he created yesterday. Everybody should get a second chance, don't you think so?"

Somin sighed dramatically.

The girls hadn't spoken yesterday as the beautiful dancer had been socializing till late that night and Somin's exhaustion had made her cry to sleep.

Mia continued, "I think he wasn't the only one going a little too much out of their way. Was the slap called for?" she asked directly, bringing to the surface the video(about which Somin hadn't a clue).

"Wait what?" Somin was more confused, her cheeks flushed with embarrassment.

"I don't know what he said to you, but you should have gathered yourself," Mia concluded and went to open the door with a towel behind her neck.

"But Mia..." Somin tried to protest.