18. Comment Section

Kim Teho

Kim Teho

Later, when Teho lay in his bed, he looked through the chat and played the short video. Replaying it over and over again, observing her angry demeanor.

She didn't have to get physical, did she?

Somin behaved borderline crazy today, even for Teho's standards.

Maybe I should lay off her, I evidently crossed the line here.

The photographer felt guilty about his provocative behavior.

Rupi would smack me too, I shouldn't have been that mean.

...

The comments didn't speak nicely about the freshman girl.

"What does she think she's doing?" or "This behavior towards a senior is unacceptable."

Teho knew those voices all too well. He recognized many of his admirers in them, defending their favorite, hoping it'd give them a chance.

He noticed only one emoji crying from laughter amongst the angry and disgusted ones, left by Min Cholsu from the sculpture. It felt like the sculptor exclaimed, "You deserve it."

Dumbass. Teho put the phone down to his chest.

The second heated exchange with the new girl got him thinking. The prospect of a possible conversation where he'd be free, bitching to someone without pretense and be treated the same way was extremely tantalizing.

She already thinks I'm a jackass, I don't have to pretend around her.

His heart rate quickened, but he'd prefer the argument to be more "hands-free" and with fewer eyes. Teho yearned for debate, the thrill, but not humiliation or hurting others.

Fuck, I shouldn't have said that. He cringed, remembering his insult about getting laid.

It's a low blow for everybody. He just got so heated it practically fell out of him.