44. Knees Collide

Somin and Teho

Somin and Teho

Teho grinned, holding his Xbox lovingly in his arms. He was dressed in a comfortable beige knitted sweater with an embroidered hem and a white t-shirt.

"You'll play with me," he said.

Smelling fresher than before which brought the image of a smoked-in pub vividly to Somin's mind. His now damp hair spoke about a clear attempt to look normal. Their scent faintly reminded her of pine wood.

Somin opened her mouth to argue, but he sneaked around her, striding into the living room and putting the console on the coffee table.

"I don't know how to play." The tone of her voice softened as she poured herself another glass and sarcastically handed him a glass of cold water.

"Got anything important planned?" he asked.

"Painting," she lied, knowing that the only thing she had planned was pitying herself as the flat got more and more silent.

"Well life isn't about working all the time," he shot back, winking at her.

"Weren't you shooting throughout the day too?" she asked.

"That's not the point," he laughed as she caught him in a lie.

"Come on, it's simple," he helped himself to her room and brought out her monitor.

"Jeeez, carefully!" she yelled, seeing him a bit stumbling out, "I'll kill you if you break it!"

"Sit," he patted a spot next to him on the sofa while putting the ensemble together.

Somin reluctantly sat as far away from him as she could and he handed her a controller.

"It's easy," he explained the rules of the Sci-fi game he wanted to play.

It turned out that the start was hard.

"What the fuck do I have to do?" Somin screamed as the dead creature closed up to her.

"Shoot him to the head," Teho encouraged her.

"How? Help! Fuck! Quickly!" Somin panicked, consumed by the game.