53. Sunlit Walk

Kim Teho

Kim Teho

After the relief came and a hot shower took away the shame from the unsuccessful get-together, Teho went outside on his usual "clearing head" stroll.

I'm not in the mood for the city.

The lazy boy made up a few different distance tracks for himself while running from time to time and he loved to trail along the cycling path and its surroundings. The road was relaxing and in various mileage so he knew where to cut it to get home earlier if needed. Still confused from the morning, he grabbed his bag, camera, and took a chocolate bar to snack on.

Who knows how long I'll be out?

Shooting randomly, he happily strode down the pavement, sometimes sitting on a nearby bench sunbathing in a weak sun. He walked on and off the road depending on what caught his attention. Jumping into bushes for a nice close-up of a pretty songbird was always pleasant. He thought about seemingly ordinary landscapes often brought better ideas too.

Leaning on one such bench relaxing and assessing clouds softly touching the field on the horizon through the camera viewfinder, he saw the pink-haired girl jumping around the tree. Zooming in he basked in her futile attempts to climb on said tree, laughing, he took a few pictures and got going.

She's impossible, what the hell?

He made two voluntary brighter flash photos in hopes it'll get her attention and not scare her.

I'm so considerate, letting her know I'm going!

...

Somin went again around the tree when one sharp flicker blinded her from the direction of the pavement.

What was that?

She waited and it happened again.

Was that a camera flash?
Oh no.