38. Shadowism

Somin and Junu

Somin and Junu

The boy in the dark green hood held Somin's hand and excitedly ran with her to the address. Junu made Somin was wearing his similarly green sweater and put on a black bucket hat to hide her bright hair. She kept pace with him, breathing hard.

There goes the non-workout.

When they stopped in an alley in the center of the historic part of the town Somin asked, in between catching her breath,"Firstly, what's up with this Friday cardio Junu? Secondly, why do we look like burglars?" She let out a nervous laugh and looked around.

This neighborhood is pricey.

Somin observed the old facades of the hundred-year-old buildings.

Crooked small windows, red ceramic rooftops peeking at them as they stood on the who knows how old stone pavement.

"We do not want to attract attention," Junu explained.

Junu punched the code from his uncle's PA into the small square display. It was tastefully hidden in the frame of the old doors of the beautiful building, decorated with intricate embossment.

"I don't want to disturb you, but we're more noticeable like this," Somin nervously shuffled her legs.

"Are these like renaissance houses?" she asked.

"Under the facade you can see the gothic features, see? There is a stone fragment from one of the first houses in the city, from that era anyway." He gestured vaguely down the alley and as Junu finished his explanation the door gave way with a quiet "Click".

Somin caught his arm when entering the building.

"I hope you are not tired, we have to go to the top floor," Junu explained.

"So your idea of a fun Friday is just a gut-wrenching workout," Somin said and he chuckled, starting to scale the stairs, counting them as he went.

Somin marveled at his ability to still have this childish mindset and let herself have the old forgotten enjoyment too.