92. Take the Edge Off

Kim Teho

Kim Teho

Teho tried to take the edge off with a late-night gaming session. His flatmates made the offer after they came back, not happy about the prospects of another work day after mandatory school-like socializing.

For the beautiful boy, it was barely impossible to calm down after the events of the last two days. The weekend left him overflowing with feelings. The reveal of Somin's mysterious ex-boyfriend being Cholsu, filled him up with unprecedented anger, shocking him to the core. Teho couldn't put a finger on it. He'd pictured the odd pair together, even intimately and it got him going berserk with no apparent reason. The image of Min's dirty hands on her soft skin made him want to fight the huge sculptor.

I want to protect her.

...

A late night message lit Somin's phone and it woke her up, her eyes focused on the display.
What could be that serious?

Teho: What if I take you to the hospital tomorrow?

Teho's message said.

Somin: I'll go alone, I will have it checked.

She answered.

Teho: I can't sleep, I really want to accompany you.

Teho pleaded.

Somin: Thank you for caring, but I'll do it alone.

She answered.

Teho: Wouldn't you be anxious to go alone? Do you even know where the hospital is?

He kept nagging.

Somin: I relied on others long enough, it'll be a good adventure.

She denied him again and felt a mild anxiety from going alone.

Teho: If you change your mind, you know where to find a guard.

He replied.

...

After the text exchange, Teho dialed the feared number.

Why did she deny it? I need help.

His pride dissolved with every dialing sound the phone made as he fell exhausted onto the mattress hour after midnight.

When the tired, "Yes?" woke Teho's brain from the night's silence.

He told his sister everything he held inside without skipping parts or taking a step back. The quiet listener took it all in while the gorgeous brother put his heart on a silver platter to be dissected by the closest person he had.

"The best defense is attack anyway," Rupi said late at night when the unexpected call from a wary brother caught her by surprise. The older sister wasn't sleeping although the dreams already started to play in the back of her mind.