71. Wandering Eyes

Teho, Mia and Kyumin

Teho left the building fairly quickly to avoid the crowds of the ever-so-present admirers, but that was before he made a show for them. Touching his hair seemingly randomly, gracefully flowing to the door.

"You have to let me go girls, the muse never sleeps." He winked and they made a path for him to leave.

"Oh, Teho-ssi let me go with you," one girl whined. "Oppa take me instead," a disagreeing voice pleaded. They were indeed intense.

"Later," he promised and noted for himself to help at least some of them with their assignments.

"Be a role model," Jitae often reminded him.

Alright, I'll be. Teho thought resolutely to call upon a few girls and genuinely help them with their assignments.

I'll be useful.

...

Warm-ups had Mia's blood pumping. All her peers made a circle on the cold grass and despite the chilly weather took off their shoes. While side-eyeing other running students here and there she stretched her legs and arms. Everybody was busy, painting students were walking around sketching viciously in groups, and chatting, but Somin was nowhere to find amongst them.

She probably bailed. Mia smiled to herself.

Teachers used the unusual surroundings and separated students into groups, letting them come out with some spur-of-the-moment choreography. Feeling the cold was good for the nervous system anyway.

Mia smiled and nodded her head in a heated conversation about the moves they'll use when a lean boy sat on the porch. Sketchbook in hands, laid back posture, eyes locked on her. Dressed in a black man-skirt showing off his muscular legs and a dark burgundy jacket made him stand out a bit. Brown hair neatly brushed back was partly hidden in a black bucket hat, covering his features slightly.

"Ya, is that Kyumin?" Mia's classmate asked, her voice shaking.

"Who? Where?" Mia was lost, still in a process of learning everyones' names and this one hadn't rung a bell yet.

"Overthere in that skirt." The girl subtly gestured by bobbing her head. Mia turned and straight up looked at him.

"No, what are you doing? Don't look." The girl blushed, slightly slapping her friend's shoulders.

"Why not?" Mia asked, greeting him with a wave as confident as ever.

What a surprise, Kyumin.