58. Three Strikes

Mia and Raon

In the afternoon Mia was unexpectedly called in by Kim Raon, somebody filed a complaint. "I got an anonymous letter about inappropriate behavior in your class. It was sent from one of the students through the system so I'm obliged to investigate it," he explained, his low voice coldly professional when he looked into her brown eyes full of fear.

How come somebody's bothered by a dance? Inappropriate?

Mia was livid.

She apologized, trying to explain how much this class meant to her and to her new learners. Mia stressed how important it is for the school to give back to its community, letting students realize themselves like this.

"I took dance very seriously Mr. Kim. I'm truly sorry to hear somebody was offended by my class. I promise it won't happen again," she paused, "but I'm truly not aware of any regulations breaching," Mia ended.

Nobody can imagine how hard I had trained, I'm not playing this time, I don't have time for it.

"Alright Ms. Kang, you can resume it for now, but watch out. Do as our school guideline says, otherwise I will have to terminate it." He paused, assessing this freshman.

Troubles with dance class made him feel the sour taste again.

I hope it's not who I think again. She doesn't deserve that.

"You know the rule, three strikes and you're out."

...

Insecurity attacked Mia again after she had to wait in between her own class and end of the school ones. She got to the dancing room an hour and a half sooner as its schedule was clear.

How can somebody hate dancing?

Her thoughts circled back to the dance class she had taught.