61. Surrealism

Somin, Mia and Teho

After the exhausting schedule and some light socializing with her classmates, Mia found the dashing photographer chilling in the living room area as he promised. He stood bent near the armchairs, tilting his head at Somin's art book collection as he inspected the one book gap there.

The gorgeous dancer sprawled on the sofa, heated dinner from the fridge resting on her lap. Quietly eating, already half-asleep. The afterschool wine took longer than she'd expected, that be in part because of her nervousness from the morning meeting with the distant boy. The outgoing girl cherished these moments, making herself feel wanted. At least by others when the complicated boy was still strangely absent.

"Ya Somin-ah!" he shouted as loud as ever. "I started to fear you forgot how to read." He played surprised.

"W..at t..e.. h..ll?" Somin peeked from the bathroom brushing her teeth, waiting for him to finally leave.

The boy kept on staying late even though both girls were fainting with tiredness.

Is he just too lazy to go back to his place?

"You have so many books here, but you weren't able to answer my surrealist question..." he mocked her.

"...as I wrote it down, you know, with my own hand." He couldn't let it go, feeling a sting of disappointment.

***

Teho left Somin a handwritten note and put it as a seemingly random bookmark in her surrealism book in the hope she would text him, asking what it meant so he could stage a date-like event to explain, but nothing happened.

The astounding boy started to casually read the heavy book last week during the shared dinners so when the time came it was the best prop to use. He placed the book conveniently onto Somin's bed after they came back from the tree hanging out. Teho accompanied the drunk paintress back home and wrote the note secretly, before leaving while Somin undressed in the bathroom, dirty from the mud.