60. At It Again

Teho and Mia

After the unsuccessful hook-up, the pair didn't see each other for a few days. Both parties were in equal discomfort, avoiding the much-needed honest conversation on the taboo topic. She texted a few questions and he replied with smiley faces or one word. Friday morning, Mia found the dashing boy waiting in front of the doors as usual.

Mustard yellow pants with a dark green shirt made him look like late fall personification. A detailed floral pattern associated a lost garden to hide in. A dark green coat leisurely covered his shoulders as his arms weren't in the sleeves.

No words had been said, but for Mia the gesture was unmissable.

We're at it again.

He peeked inside the girls' flat as Mia locked the door.

"She left earlier," the lone dancer explained seeing him confusedly looking in.

"I guess it must have left more people feeling uncomfortable," she painfully articulated her own feelings and the silent boy nodded.

Teho walked shrouded in emotional reticence beside Mia.

He's unusually distant, what's up with him?

The apologetic boy was going through his camera as ever and only gave her a small kiss on the cheek.

Is he feeling guilty or shy?

"Why couldn't you stay?" She gathered the courage for that much-needed question.

We had such a good time together, didn't we? But you left me. Her heart beat loudly.

"Huh? It felt weird with Somin there, you know. We called it off before, for the same reason I figured it would be fitting to stand behind it," he answered, daring to meet her eyes, looking for something absent in his heart.

"It's nice of you to be so considerate," she said, sarcasm painfully obvious in her usually nice voice.

I don't know what to say. There's just something missing and I've found that something with Somin.