158. Showdown

Somin, Teho and Cholsu

The pair heard an audible

"Puff" as a blue smoke went upwards behind Somin. Then the smell of cigarettes hit them and Teho squirmed through it to see him.

Silver white skin, bigger stature from working with hard materials, mustard yellow shirt protruding beneath an old brown stylish jacket. Legs crossed casually with faded gray jeans on, big brown boots dirty from basement mud. Light brown hair wildly scattered around his ebony eyes. His fingers were covered with clay holding the cigarette as it went up to his lips. The look of utter disgust on his face, as he calmly leaned against the walll, told them everything.

Enjoying his break outside was none other than Cholsu.

"Somin-ah, you can do better."

The shocked girl took a breath, instantly recognizing that voice. Cold, strict, always nagging, and foremostly never satisfied. Lazily saying the meanest things with a signature sharp undertone. It resonated in her mind, forming a sentence.

"You're just so incredibly boring."

We didn't speak with each other for how long? She couldn't even remember.

"Don't get involved with losers from photography. They can't do shit."

His unbothered demeanor got to her skin.

Shut the fuck up Cholsu.

There it was, only a dark void in the place where love and adoration had been before.

"It's not fair, they are only fiddling with a camera and get the same appreciation from school as we who have to work hard hours on a fucking piece of art." His voice dripped with poison.

"All you can do is dress pretty and talk a lot. You're so soft one could think you like boys." Cholsu flexed his muscled arm, his palm had hardened skin with callus, but he was proud of it. It spoke about work. On a stone, on wood, with clay.

The strong boy was so shocked to see his ex-lover with Teho, he automatically went on a tangent, but then the words the daring photographer said finally clicked in his brain.

The fuck did he just say about her being under him?

...

There was something off about his monolog.

Is he surprised just to see me or is it the fact I'm with a boy?

The way he went instantly for an insult wasn't true to him, Somin caught up on it instantly.

He would usually hide it for a while and then push it unexpectedly.

Somin couldn't find any words in her dry throat. The world stopped and she felt sick to her stomach.

...

"What did he mean by last night? You already sank so low? I expected more from you, haven't I taught you better?" Cholsu asked, out of nowhere.