94. Crybaby

Somin and Teho

Somin and Teho

Softly sobbing in the back of the room was Somin curled in a ball, crying.

Her weekend was rough. Teho thought emphatically.

Hysteria was gone. Now unadulterated sadness settled in. The Brush she held in her injured hand was heavy with paint and the big canvas stood in front of her.

"Tap"

"Tap"

Wet colors dripped from it onto the floor which was covered by old newspaper to prevent damage. The other drawing studios were occupied so Somin snuck here to create after she saw the schedule was free for the rest of the day.

"Tap"

"Tap"

Silently, the nosy boy crept closer. Paint splatters were all over her clothes even decorating her hair too. Clearly, she was painting driven by strong emotions. He had never seen someone this vulnerable other than her, practically wearing their heart on their sleeves. As for himself, he perceived this kind of creation as the most intimate. To see another person in this state of mind was very rare and highly intimate. Teho would never show this side to anyone.

Yes, he'd seen her being emotional before, but now with the new context, it hit differently. They were here alone and foremost he was feeling something else.

I'll be gentle, on my best behavior. He promised himself.

"Somin-ssi?" he gently whispered, crouched beside her, "did you eat?" The pretty boy tried to break the ice with the sweetest tone he could muster. The troubled girl glanced at him without saying anything.

Tears flowed from the corner of her eyes like a flooded stream after rain. It hurt him to see her like that. She denied it, shaking her head.

"You didn't eat the whole day?" He tapped her lightly on the shoulder, keeping his distance. The interaction was filled with compassion.

"I'm sorry about what happened with... Ehm... him," he tried some more stepping into uncharted territory by acknowledging Cholsu.

"What bullshit is that?" she barked uncontrollably.

"Ya, can you turn the bitch off just for one second?" he snapped.

Can we simply talk for Christ's sake? Teho questioned.

She smirked, trying to wipe the tears off, but managing only to smear more color across her face.

"I'm sorry," she let out. "I'm just confused and exhausted."

"Please, drink this, it'll make you feel better. Eat, here you go." Teho handed her his snack and cocoa, looking directly into her eyes with concern.

"I'll be here bothering you until you eat it, should I make myself comfortable, huh?"