112. Cursed Princess

Somin and Pomchun

Somin and Pomchun

Grabbing a small black bag Somin put a sketchbook with pencils and an iPod in. What if she feels like listening to music? Finally, she added a romance book to read, the new one she treated herself to.

"Yet to come"

A story about a struggling musician trying to make it big in the new city. What will happen when he meets the upcoming new singer? They have to fight about the spotlight and put the unexpected feelings aside as the producer will give chance to only one of them.

How original. She scoffed but looked forward to it anyway.

Clouds were lazily moving on the blue sky, light wind caressed tree leaves and the Indian summer was here. The last chance to feel warm before the snow fell and covered everything like a blanket. Outside, she stopped to enjoy the warmth of sun rays on her skin, closing her eyes to savor the moment.

I deserve to treat myself, I don't want to live in misery anymore.

I'll be good to myself.

What will Teho do today? Remembering him to stay too.

He could do me, jeez don't be so cringy Somin. She laughed at herself.

This day, this strange city made her more adventurous. Her tiny strides were slowly leading the way to the city center. Her steps trailed the path alongside the river, which was near. Water was sparkling with excitement as a light wind made tiny waves to make it move. She smiled happily and remembered home.

***

Nine-year-old Somin ventured deeper into the forest, walking lazily alongside a sparkly hill stream with her brother. He rarely went to nature even though the round hills were close. There were only a few bus stops behind the city. But when the younger sister pleaded and he saw her doe eyes with hurt in them, it was a dead giveaway, he'll accompany her. She was too young to go alone anyway.

Both siblings carefully avoided bigger stones on the badly maintained path and young Somin looked for the sweetest wild strawberries under the larches lining the road. Pomchun stopped, leaving his sister to get a handful of them, sitting in the shade of one such tree. She giddily fed him from her small palm and the handsome brother made it fun, taking one juice strawberry aside.

"Wanna hear a story?" the older boy asked and the shy sister nodded excitedly.

These ventures alone in the woods without parents were the most rebelling she ever did as a child. Somin trusted her brother to protect her and the older boy wasn't easily afraid.

"Between the tall larch trees lived a young princess," he started and Somin let out a small wow.

She sat next to him on the hillside and fed him more strawberries that her small hands enveloped.