137. Mind in the Gutter

Somin and Teho

Somin and Teho

Teho walked up to his usual spot and put down his laptop and tablet. Watching Somin still leaning against the counter, holding her forehead.

"Should I order dinner?" he asked and walked close to her to get water. "No wine when we're alone, right?"

He wanted to assure her he'll not push further now, when they stayed here unattended.

"Don't wanna make a stupid mistake," Somin whispered.

"Ya, if you feel uncomfortable around me I can go away," he offered, a bit confused himself, leaning next to her, facing her.

"Please stay," she corrected herself. "I like your company, it's just..." She dared to look at him. "... I don't know."

Her fingers pinched the bridge of her nose. "If I get another day of doing nothing, I'll be showing blank papers on Wednesday," she sighed and he offered the cold water.

"What's the burning issue, if I may ask?" Teho said softly.

Somin looked at his gorgeous eyes. "Everything." She gulped the water down.

"Mainly the fucking figure assignment, I rather paint literally anything else." She still played with her bracelet and he noticed the new accessory.

"Do you wanna paint.." he started and she made an X with her elbows.

"Don't, please no, I'll paint myself in the mirror." The spark in his eyes told her anything she needed to know, about what was coming her way.

"Are you sure? I can model for you," he offered a warm smile.

"No, no, no, no... not a great idea." She moved a bit further from him, feeling an even greater pull towards him, wanting to lock the flat and have her way with him.

His loose white shirt with an oval neckline was exposing his pronounced collar bones and the very unfunctional bandana in his hair only accentuated his prettiness. Teho caught the movement of her eyes.

"I don't wanna have hair in my eyes." He smirked.

So why is it in the middle of your head? Somin's inner voice asked, moving her head in disbelief.

"Can you stay further away, please," she asked, touching her lip subconsciously.

"Sure." He smiled, seeing her obvious fight. "Like I promised, I'll be good. I have to finish my order, it's due in a few hours and I can't afford to lose them."

Can you catch my drift, Somin? He reveled in this tension.

...

She gulped in vain, turning away and bringing the big mirror from the bathroom. Putting it against the sofa, where she could be a bit hidden from the glaring stare permeating from the armchair corner. She turned the coffee table sideways to make an obstacle and separate her space from his. She returned briefly to get a pink polish and Mia's foam for toes.