03

It had been an hour since he started re-arranging his room and by now, everything was clean and organized. It would be hard to find any dust particles in the room with the way he was dedicated.

Finished with his chores, he took a seat on the sofa, giving much-needed rest to his body.

Just when he thought he was distracted from the reason he started all that, he saw her turn in her sleep, hugging the pillow which should've been him if he was there.

He frowned upon that, suddenly paying more attention to his wife than in the past three months his frown soon changed into a frustrated expression when he heard the continuous knocks on the door.

"Bhabiiiii.." Saanvi's loud voice was heard as he opened the door slightly, "Mere evening snacks ka time hogya." She added impatiently, making Amrit's frown deepen. (It's time for my evening snacks)

He pulled the door open, looking down at his cousin sister, "Yes?"

"Bhabi is still sleeping?" She asked, trying to peep inside the room, "Uff, mai kabse wait kar rahi hoon, mere snacks ka time ho gaya hai." She whined impatiently. (I'm waiting since so long, it's time for my snacks)

"What does that have to do with her?" He further questioned her, not even trying to not sound rude but everyone was habitual to it by now.

"She makes my snacks every day."

"She's not your cook, get your own snacks from now on." He said, going to close the door, it didn't settle well with him, he would never let his wife be someone's servant and with the way Saanvi was acting, he knew about her and her mother's antics.

"But-"

"Tell Ma that I won't have dinner." He ignored her before giving her orders.

"I didn't know bhabi aate hi shikaayat shuru kar dengi." Saanvi muttered nonchalantly, making him pause in closing the doors. (I didn't know Bhabi will start complaining as soon as you came)

"Excuse me? Say that again."

Saanvi decided to act like she didn't hear him and started to walk away but his voice stopped her in her tracks,

"When I ask something, I need answers. Get back here and talk like an adult. You're not a five-year-old kid anymore to have your snacks served to you by someone, not by my wife atleast. Grow up and start doing your things on your own." He said to her, a warning clear in his voice before closing the door in her face.

Fucking idiots. He whispered to himself, looking at his wife, he was getting annoyed now.

After taking away his sleep, she was now sleeping peacefully and he wanted to ruin her sleep too regardless of how childish it sounded but before he could do anything, a blaring alarm startled him, Roop too stirred in her sleep.

Seeing her waking up, he quickly sat on the sofa, picking up the book kept on the small table but his attention was everywhere but on the book.

She let out a whine, turned the alarm off, and stretched her body, almost falling off the bed in the process, she still wasn't aware of another presence in the room because it was almost impossible to have that thought.

She adjusted her clothes, standing up from the bed all while stifling a yawn. Her headache seemed to have disappeared, thanks to the much-needed sleep.

Completely unaware of her husband's undivided attention on her, she walked to the bathroom with her eyes closed, she had learned the way all too well, Amrit noticed.

His hand went to fix his hair subconsciously as he saw the lights turning off before he composed himself, focusing on the book again but he was focusing on her noticing him more.

Much to his bad luck, his phone started vibrating just when she opened the door, the first thought was to decline the call but looking at the caller, he had to pick up the call.

"Yes?" He answered and that was enough to startle a still sleepy Roop, who gasped, her Kurti falling down from her hands as she removed it while washing her face considering the fact that no one would be present in the room.

Their eyes met for a nanosecond before Roop picked up her kurti and made a run for the closet, hiding herself. A hand clutched to her heart, trying to calm herself down but the adrenaline rush she just had was making it hard, her hands shaking a little as she flicked the lock.

On the other side, Amrit put the upside-down book he was holding all that time back, his assistant's voice was long forgotten, and just the sight he witnessed was clouding his mind.

"Sir? Sir? Mr. Mehrotra?-" His assistant's voice rang in his ear, which sounded very annoying to him at the moment. She ruined what was supposed to be their first conversation.

"What?" He asked, annoyed at the disturbance. When he mentioned leaving early today, he made it clear that he wants no disturbance but she was doing the exact opposite right now and it was getting on his nerves.

"What should I tell them? You mentioned they were important clients.." His assistant, Nisha Singh, told him about the rescheduled meeting with some important clients, they were supposed to come tomorrow but because of some event, they requested a reschedule.

"I'll reach there in twenty minutes, get the boardroom ready." He sighed, keeping the phone down and getting up from the sofa as he walked towards the closet to change into other clothes, completely forgetting there was another person inside.

He knocked when the door didn't open, suddenly remembering why she was in there.

He had seen her lingerie far too many times by now, but seeing her in one was another thing and as much as he wanted to forget and think about the meeting more, he wasn't able to. Burgundy seemed to be his favorite color at the moment.

Getting no reply, he knocked again, clearing his throat. He opened his mouth to say something but stopped, he never addressed her before, what should he call her was a question running through his mind, by her name? Or something else?

"I've to leave right now so if you're done, will you open the door? I'm in a hurry." He said, it all came out harshly but only he knew that he wasn't being rude, he just didn't know how to handle things properly and in this case, he didn't really have any idea how to treat his wife.

She quickly pulled over a random T-shirt over her head, opened the door, and stepped out while he changed.

She stood in front of the mirror, combing her hair. Although she wouldn't admit but a part of her was hoping he would talk to her, just a small greeting, maybe he'll tell her when he will be back but that small hope died when he rushed out of the room, not even glancing at her for a second.

Maybe he is going to someone else, he might have someone already in his life, she was aware that her marriage was an outcome of a business deal, she wanted to ask him before the wedding if he has someone in his life, if he's forced but all her questions remained unanswered as he refused to meet her.

She didn't want to ruin a relationship or become the third person in the relationship, she was better than that but she didn't have much of a choice.

Her husband's behavior didn't help much in the matter either, his constant absence in their married life was just feeding her thoughts.

It would be a lie if a thought about divorce didn't come to her mind, she was very much aware of his dislike-ness about the marriage, she heard him talking to his father on the engagement. She had no doubt that he will leave her, she prepared herself everyday, she knew it was coming, who would want to be in a forced marriage, anyway?

Someone who can have much better options, better than her.

•••
I'm sorry but I won't be able to complete the story this time if you're going to be as ignorant as you were in the previous book,
I need some motivation to keep writing too, the constant lack of response just ruins my excitement to write!