23

"You're so mean sometimes." Roop shook her head as she looked at him sighing in relief, "I'll let it go since it's your birthday." She said, turning the radio on.

"They're annoying." He replied.

"They're your cousins and Mihir was so happy, you made him sad." She pointed out, "but you can take us out for ice cream later!" She suggested with a smile.

"Okay.."

"Okay?" She looked at him for confirmation if she heard it right or not, "Okay." He confirmed.

"I'll tell them about it, do you think we should take Saanvi and Ishani-"

"No." He immediately shook his head, his focus still on road, the song playing in the background was being ignored since the moment it started playing.

"But they'll feel left out.." She reasoned.

"They deserve to be, did you forget about their behavior? They don't care about you, stop thinking about them." He told her, keeping his hand over hers.

"Ishani is not that bad.."

"Them or Mihir, Avni, and Rahil. You choose." He shrugged.

"Fine, you win." She sighed, increasing the volume of the radio that Amrit just shut off the next second.

"That's an annoying voice." He frowned.

"Aap din par din rude hote jaa rahe hain." She scolded him, trying to pull her hand out of his but he just brought it close to his mouth, kissing her palm.
(You're getting rude day by day)

"And you're getting bossy day by day." He replied, keeping her hand on his thigh as his fingers played with hers.

"Where are we going now?" She asked.

"Nowhere." He said, as he drove to nowhere in particular, like she said yesterday, he just wanted to spend the day with her, now it was upto to her if she wanted to sit in their room or roam around the city.

"It's better at night." She said.

"What is?"

"Long drives, they're better at night." She replied, turning to him.

"How do you know?" He asked, a scowl marring his face.

"Mihir took me once."

"Mihir? Our Mihir? Why did you go on a long drive with him?" He asked, trying to think of a reason why she would go with Mihir and not him? And why did he not know?

"I was in a bad mood that day, so he offered," she shrugged, "You were...somewhere?" She said, unsure. They weren't on talking terms when that happened.

"Next time, ask me." He said, a small frown on his face as he thought about her giving time to someone else, even when it was his own brother.

"Okay." She laughed at his expression, "Can we go to your house? The one above your office?" She asked after a while.

"It's ours and yes." He nodded, taking the next u-turn.

"Oh, stop at the grocery store too, we can buy something to cook later." She added.

"Okay."

They both went silent after that, while Amrit was focused on driving, Roop looked out of the window, looking at the random buildings.

"How do you usually spend your birthdays?" She asked, not being able to keep silent for long.

"Nothing special, spend the night before with some friends and just work normally the next day? It's nothing special." He answered honestly.