14

The red hue on Roop's cheeks just acted like a blush because it wasn't going anywhere and with Amrit just being present wasn't helping her much.

A whine came out as a protest from her mouth that Amrit ignored, keeping another paratha on her plate followed by refilling her glass of juice.

She picked up the paratha and kept it on his plate, "Mujhe nahi khana." She told him, watching him put it back on her plate.
(I don't want to eat)

"It's very thin, you can eat it." He replied, buttering his toast.

"Khud toh toast kha rahe hain." She mumbled under her breath, making everyone laugh since she didn't say it as low as she thought.
(You yourself are eating toast)

"You're eating so less, you'll get sick." A concerned frown marred his features, "Just one more, yeah?" He looked at her as if talking to a child, so polite and calmly as anyone had ever seen him.

If his parents were here, they probably would be proud of him, for taking care of her, realizing the value of the person who was going to be the shoulder he would lean on for the rest of his life.

Although they weren't here, Priya was making sure to give all the updates to Ritika.

"Aadha?" (Half?) Roop divided the paratha into two halves, keeping one half on Amrit's plate, going to pour some juice into his glass but he just took it from her hand, drinking the juice from her glass only, placing his lips on the exact place he saw light lipstick marks.

Nandini's eyes followed the couple who looked nothing but happy, the misery she was expecting to see on Roop's face was never visible but happiness, a small smile never left her lips, making Nandini burn in rage.

Roop was never supposed to marry Amrit, it was always going to be her friend's daughter, which she was planning for years. From getting her the job as his assistant to always inviting her to every family function but her plans never worked.

Every wicked planning of hers was useless when Amrit declared he wanted to marry Roop, whatever the motive behind his decision was still unknown to her but she never left a chance to call it nothing but just a deal between the two families.

She always knew the marriage won't last for long, hence creating a rift between the couple every chance she got but seeing the development in their relationship, she felt like everything was slipping out of her hands.

Nandini knew she would have the power if Amrit married Amisha, she was like a puppet to her. She tried doing the same to Roop but it didn't take her too long to figure out that she was too loyal to do anything Nandini wanted.

"Are you free today bhabi? There's a new movie that was released yesterday!" Mihir opened his mouth once he was finished stuffing it.

"She's busy."

"Yes!" Amrit and Roop said at the same time, their heads snapping to one another.

"Haan bola na?" Mihir asked.
(Yes or no?)

"Yes, she's busy," Amrit repeated, it was a Saturday, an off-day for him and he planned to spend it with her and here Mihir was ruining his plans.

"I called Shubh already." Mihir sighed disappointedly, "He was so happy to meet you."

Amrit scowled at the new information, why did that Shubh know his wife? Maybe he wanted to be her brother, that's what Amrit settled on to keep himself satisfied and sane.

"Phir kabhii." Mihir sighed, leaving from there with slumped shoulders.
(some other time)

Everyone slowly left for their room after getting done with their breakfast, leaving Amrit and Roop alone.

"Do you really want to see the movie?" Amrit asked, looking at Roop who was silent since Mihir left.

She looked up at him, unsure of how to answer the question so she chose to say the truth, "I've never been to a cinema hall...I'll watch when it comes on tv!" She replied, a wide smile on her lips.

"You...Go get ready, we're going out today." He said, picking up their plates all while shooing her to their room.

"But-"

"Wear whatever you feel comfortable in, I know this saree isn't although you look really beautiful." He added, not letting her say anything.

"Are you sure?" She asked, not wanting to come in between his schedule, just for him to throw it in her face later as all her so-called friends did in the past.

Sighing, he kept the plates in the kitchen, pushing her towards the stairs, "Haan meri ma- Biwi."
(Yes my mom- wife.)

Reaching their room, he pushed her inside the closet, "Take your time." He said, taking a seat on the bed before quickly pulling his phone out and searching for places he could take her.

He was as nervous as his wife was, he was taking her out for the first time after their marriage, spending a whole day with her and just the thought of it made him nervous.

Shortlisting a few places, he too checked himself in the mirror, feeling his black shirt and black dress pants perfect, he combed his hair waiting for Roop to come out.

Changing into a simple white Anarkali, Roop came out of the closet, "Is it too fancy?" She asked, watching his reaction.

"No, you look perfectly fine." He replied, taking her all in, she looked ethereal in white.

"Um..can I wear heels?" She asked, looking at her feet, she was never allowed to wear heels in her parents' house as they felt she would look weird, she was the tallest in her house at 5'9.

"Wear whatever you want to, no one is going to stop you." He encouraged her, following her inside the closet to take his shoes.

With a happy smile on her face, she wore the pair of heels that never saw the outside world but now they were going to. If there was something Roop loved more than reading books were high heels, they made her feel good.

"You're beautiful." He told her as she finished wearing her sandals, standing behind her as she looked into the mirror.

"You too." She replied, a blush coating her cheeks, maybe she should say bye to the fake blush, Amrit is enough for that.

"You ready to go?" He asked to which she nodded, picking up her wallet.

Both of them were excited and nervous at the same time, one was just better at hiding his emotions while the other's displayed on her face.

Both of them were unaware of the fact that it was their partner's first date of their life.

...
Double update? Yes!
Enjoy and don't forget to vote!
And go to sleep now. Hush.