34

She woke up feeling a heavy weight engulfing her body, all the memories from last night rushed back to her mind as she felt his skin against hers.

Freeing herself from her human blanket, she wore her discarded T-shirt from the floor but before she could walk anymore further from the bed, Amrit grabbed her and pulled her back to where she was, under him.

"You'll get late." She reminded him, looking at the time, "it's 8:30 already." She added.

"Two minutes." He murmured, hiding his face in her hair. Exactly two minutes later the alarmed blared right beside his ear, thanks to Roop, "I don't like you." He moved away from her, giving her a side-eye.

"Stop being a baby." She replied only to start a fight for the bathroom.

"I'm getting late!" He argued, suddenly realising how late he was. He was supposed to be in his office by 9 and here he was, just out of bed.

"I'm getting late too! I have to pray and then help Avni with breakfast and most importantly I have to take a shower first-"

She couldn't complete as she was pulled inside the bathroom, Amrit was quick to get rid of the pyjama pants as he turned the shower on.

"You can shower on the other side, swear won't take a peek." He promised, pointing to the second shower above the bathtub as he moved to pick up his toothbrush.

She didn't move, too shocked by his actions, "I said I won't take a peek but look at you." He shook his head in amusement.

"I.."

"Quick or they'll start assuming why we're late." He shrugged, brushing his teeth.

She moved beside him, brushing her teeth first before going to take a shower, by the time she was ready to shower, Amrit was already out of the bathroom.

Coming out with a towel wrapped around her, Roop entered the closet, finding her clothes already picked out, quickly changing she went out to see Amrit brushing his hair.

"Where's your tie?" She asked, not bothering to open her messy bun as she just applied some moisturizer quickly followed by some lipstick and sindoor.

"It's hot today." He replied, watching her concealing the marks he left on her neck, although he wanted to stop her.

"No, it's not!" She argued, putting a tie around his neck which he just tossed away, leaving the room, "Arey?"

Following him outside, she rushed towards him only to stop when she noticed he was already downstairs and walking towards the grandparents.

"Aaj kya kia bhai ne?" Mihir appeared beside her, a strong wave of his cologne hitting her nose.
(What did bhai do this time?)

"Ek number ke besharam insaan hain tumahare bhai." She replied, watching Amrit touch the elders' feet.
(your brother is a number one shameless person)

"Ye naya add hua list me." He commented, nodding appreciatively.
(a new addition to the list)

"Or tum! Naha lia karo, roz pure perfume ki bottle khali kar ke aajate ho!" She scolded, walking downstairs with a huff.
(And you! Start taking showers instead emptying a bottle of perfume on yourself every day!)

"Aapko kaise pata chala?" He asked, watching her leave.
(How'd you know?)

Quickly praying, she joined Amrit at the dining table, looking at him who was buttering a toast in a hurry, "Easy." She took the butter knife from his hand, stopping him from murdering the bread.