36

Humming a song, Roop looked after the plants in the garden, watering the ones needed.

"Bhoo!" Avni jumped on her from behind not really giving it much thought that resulted in them falling into the wet soil.

"Avni!" Roop pushed her away.

"Kya bhabi, abhi nahayi thi mai." Avni cried looking at her spoiled dress and hair.
(I just had a bath bhabi.)

"You know I get scared easily and who asked you to jump on me?" Roop frowned, getting up from the ground.

"It was Mihir's idea." She pointed towards the patio where Mihir stood, trying to not laugh while recording.

Ishani who strolled out to get some fresh air burst into laughter seeing them muddy, finding the perfect opportunity, Mihir turned the hose on, spraying the three of them with water after he kept his phone in a safe and dry place.

A loud shriek left Avni's mouth feeling the cold water on her, "lo firse naha lo." Mihir laughed.
(Here, take a bath again.)

"Mihir ke bacche!" She ran after him, tackling him down, "Ishani, bhabi, help." She looked behind for help.

It didn't take them more than two minutes to get drenched in water, gasping like fishes as the cold water touched their skin.

Mihir had Ishani in a chokehold while Avni tried to free her, leaving Roop with the hose in hand pointed towards the sky.

"Bach kar dikha ab!" Mihir said to Ishani.
(save yourself now)

"Okay guys, leave each other now." Roop turned the hose off as she looked at their condition.

Mihir didn't listen, continuing his fight when Ishani was pulled out of his hold, his head snapping up to see the person.

"Jashn bhai?" He looked at him in confusion, seeing Ishani caged in his arms and him not caring about his clothes getting wet.

"Were you trying to kill her?" Jashn scowled, caressing Ishani's back in a comforting manner.

"Isne mummy ko meri shikayat lagayi." He pointed an accusing finger at her who just pressed her face to Jashn's arm.
(She complained to my mum)

"Jashn?"

Five of them turned to see Amrit standing there with a frown on his face, Jashn was quick to push Ishani away.

It wasn't long when Amrit connected the dots, his slipper coming off as he charged towards him with it in his hand, "Saale kamine."

"Sorry, bhai maaf karde," Jashn yelled, running away.
(Sorry brother, forgive me.)

Everyone looked at them in amusement before focusing on their conversation and all eyes turned towards Ishani.

"You were talking about my sister with me all this damn time? You asshole.." Amrit threw the slipper on his head.

"Sorry na!" Jashn grabbed Roop by her shoulders, pushing her infront of him.

"Reva? Seriously?"

"What was I supposed to do? I was eating Rava idli and I panicked." Jashn explained himself.

"You named me after a freaking Idli?" Ishani asked incredulously.

"You're dating her?" Mihir asked, pointing at Ishani, "Can I date your sister in return?" He asked.

"Excuse me?" Jashn turned to him with a scowl.

"I was just shooting my shot." He shrugged.

"Why do you all look like bheegi billi?" Amrit asked looking at the dripping clothes and hair.