24

"How do I look?" Roop asked herself as she looked in the mirror, doing a 360° turn to see herself.

After their little makeout session, Amrit suggested she change into something comfortable since they were going to spend the rest of the day in the penthouse only. Roop changed into his T-shirt and shorts as she didn't have any clothes over there except for the dupatta she left accidentally last time.

Her eyes went to her lips along with her fingers as she recalled the kiss, her lipstick was a little smudged and faded. Shaking her head, she reapplied some lip balm before going back to the living room.

She found Amrit in the kitchen, arranging the things they bought in their specific places, "Kaisi lag rahi hoon mai?" She asked, keeping her hands on her waist.
(How am I looking?)

"Like you're made for me." He replied, not turning as he kept the boxes of pasta in the cabinet.

Roop went silent for a moment before rubbing her cheeks in an attempt to make the blush fade away before speaking again, "You didn't even look."

"You always look like you're made for me." He replied, turning to her. His eyes did a once over, her long legs were on display, and there was a scar on her thigh, he noticed.

She looked better in his clothes.

"Don't you think you're being too cheesy?" She asked, opening the fridge to take out the lemonade bottle.

Rounding the counter, Amrit stood behind her, taking the bottle from her hand and taking a big sip out of it, a gasp left her mouth as she tilted her head upwards to see him.

"Ye kya kar rahein hain aap?" She turned, going to snatch the bottle back but Amrit raised his hand up. Even though there wasn't much difference in their height, she still couldn't reach his hand.
(What do you think you're doing?)

"Drinking lemonade?"

"Uss din bhi aapne mera saara lemonade piya tha, wo toh mummyji ne mujhe bataya warna mujhe toh pata hi nahi chalta, aapka birthday nahi hota na fir batati mai aapko." She narrowed her eyes as she glared at him.
(You drank all my lemonade that day too, mummyji told me otherwise I would not have known, today is your birthday otherwise I would have told you)

"Abhi bata do." He said, stepping closer to her, making her back collide with the refrigerator.
(Tell me now)

"Door hatein pehle." Her glare was turned into a nervous expression, her index finger touched his chest, trying to push him away.
(Move back first)

Ignoring her words, he took another step towards her, his hand resting beside her head as he took the last sip of the lemonade.

"Let's bake the cake." She clapped, trying to push him away.

Amrit's foot touched her, making space between her legs as he closed the distance between them, "You look so fucking tempting in my clothes." He murmured, smelling her hair as he closed his eyes.

"I think...I think we should take this slow." She whispered, keeping a hand on his chest, much to her surprise, his heartbeat was as fast as hers.

"We'll take this as slow as you want, if at any point you feel uncomfortable, you point it out, yes?" He said, taking a few steps back. She nodded, suddenly missing the warmth his body was providing.

He turned to keep the rest of the stuff in its place when Roop grabbed his shirt, pulling him back to where he was standing a few moments ago, probably closer than before because she could feel his hard chest pressed against hers.