39

All eyes shifted to Roop as she walked into the living room, seeing the food spread on the table, she joined them.

"Sun ne me aaya ki aap chaped wagerah laga kar aa rhe ho?" Mihir asked.
(I heard you slapped someone?)

"I..uh.." She looked here and there in embarrassment, she wasn't thinking much back then, she did what felt like the best option at that moment but now, she was a little embarrassed that she hit her in front of everyone.

"Don't worry, she needed that." Ishani assured her, passing a burger to her.

"She's...she's your mom." Roop looked at her hesitantly.

"Bhai didn't tell you?" Ishani frowned, "I'm the divorce baby, she's not fond of me and she definitely hasn't treated me like di...so yeah, she got what she deserved."

"Divorce baby?"

"I am the reason for dad and her divorce, so long story short, she was messing with Dad's and Mamu's business and I happened to overhear some things and I told everything to Dad, one revelation led to another and boom! Divorce. I have no idea who ratted me out though." She shook her head.

"Probably Saanvi." Mihir laughed.

"It's not funny." Ishani frowned.

"Let's focus on the present, I don't have any clothes and I don't know how long we're going to stay here, what are we going to do about that?" Avni asked.

"Should I ask mom?" Rahil asked.

"Nahi, pagal ho kya? Mummy ne hume roka ni, pehle wo baat karengi." Mihir replied instantly before turning to Avni, "kya dekh kar aise dimag se paidal insaan ka proposal accept Kia tha?" He asked, completely ridiculed.
(No, are you mad? Mummy didn't stop us from leaving, she has to talk to us first. // What made you accept this brainless person's proposal?)

"Desperate times Mihir, desperate times. I was dying to know how it felt to have a boyfriend, mujhe kya pata tha ye fevikwik ki tarah chipak jaayenge poori life ke liye." Avni sighed dramatically.
(Desperate times Mihir, desperate times. I was dying to know how it felt to have a boyfriend, I didn't know he would stick with me like fevikwik's bond for life.)

"You proposed to me." Rahil rolled his eyes.

"Like I said, desperate times." Avni showed her tongue to him.

"Do saal hone wale hain shadi ko aapki jisme se chaar baar honeymoon ho aaye ho, merko chachu kab bana rahe ho? Mai bhi desperate ho gaya hoon ab toh." Mihir let out an exaggerated sigh.
(It's been almost two years since your marriage, out of which you've had your honeymoon four times already, when will you make me an uncle? I'm desperate too now.)

"We're trying but you know about your brother...he's impotent." Avni muttered sadly.

Rahil who was stuffing French fries in his mouth choked hearing her words, Oh how he was going to show how impotent he was the moment they get alone.

"Just kidding guys, we have an amazing se-" Rahil put a hand over Avni's mouth, not letting her complete her sentence.

"I think we're done with this conversation now." He said.

"Yeah, I think we are." Mihir cleared his throat, keeping in mind not to talk about the topic ever again, "I was thinking about going to the mall, anyone coming?" He asked, packing up the wrappers.

Everyone agreed except Roop, "You guys go, Amrit's sleeping and he didn't eat anything for hours...do you want me to get the car keys?" She asked.

"No, it's within the walking distance only, do you want us to get something for you?" Mihir asked.