11

Not even a few hours passed after Ritika and Mehul left that Nandini called her friend, seeing the opportunity of having the house to herself.

Since dada and dadi rarely had dinner due to their medical issues and Rahil taking his parents and Avni with him for a business function, it was the perfect timing for her to have privacy with her friend.

"Roop beta?" She smiled sweetly at Roop, "Amrit kis time tak aayega?" She asked.
(When will Amrit come back?)

"Wo toh do teen din bad aayenge." She frowned at her question, why would she even ask her that, Amrit never talked to her.
(He'll come back after two-three days)

Nandini looked annoyed at the revelation, "Make something nice for dinner, my friend is coming..Nita went home early today." She said, a sickly sweet smile playing on her lips.

Nita aunty didn't go early today, she was sent home early, it was all Nandini's pre-planned idea, to make her do exactly the same things Amrit didn't want her to do.

"Mai kuch order kar doon aapke liye, abhi banane me time lagega.." Roop tried to reason but stopped when Nandini showed her hand.
(How about I order something for you? It will take time if I started now..)

"Order karna hota to mai khud na kar leti," Nandini replied sarcastically, rolling her eyes.
(If I wanted to order something, I would've done that myself)

"What do you want to eat?" Roop sighed dejectedly, she knew how she'll go running to Dadi if Roop argued more, making her the bad guy once again.

"Chicken Biryani, Amisha loves it." Came her instant reply, referring to her friend, Damini's daughter.

"But how can I-"

"Oh c'mon, I'm not asking you to eat, just make it for us." Nandini didn't let her complete, giving her excuses.

"I don't...I'm vegetarian, you know it. I'm sorry but I won't make that." Roop replied, firm with her decision, "Aap kuch order kar lein." She added, starting to walk away from there.
(Order something yourself)

"You eat eggs, it won't be a problem." Nandini huffed, throwing her hands up in the air dramatically.

"That's...different! You can't force me to do things I don't want to!" Roop exclaimed, tired of her giving excuses.

"Just...make veg biryani." She waved her off, "Be quick."

"Can you send Ishani or Saanvi to help?" Roop asked, not wanting to do anything, she thought she'll rest today and here this woman was making her plans drown in a drain.

"They are not home or I wouldn't have asked you." Nandini replied, half of her statement being a lie, she would've died before asking her daughters to cook something.

Sighing in frustration, Roop walked to the kitchen, preparing for the Biryani. She was halfway through when Mihir walked in.

"Bhabi? We were supposed to go out." He frowned.

Turning to him, Roop narrated the whole incident to him, cancelling their plan. Mihir wanted to take her out to meet his friends since he discovered she didn't have any.

"It's okay though, you can go...I'll take time." She shrugged apologetically, her shoulders slumping in defeat.

"How about we go after you're done?" He suggested.

"You think she would let us go without any drama? I better stay home." Mihir looked at Roop as she tried not to sound sad.

"It's okay, we'll go out some other day." He patted her shoulder, leaning on the kitchen island.