47

(I hope the dress is upto your expectations :>)
..

"Roop? Your phone's ringing." She heard his voice from the room but didn't make any move to walk out of the bathroom.

All the excitement she felt all evening was now just a mess, nervousness filled her veins as she took one last look at the mirror before mustering up some courage and stepping out.

She watched his hands momentarily stopping from closing his shirt's buttons as his eyes fell on her. maybe Avni was right. Walking towards the suitcase, she took out the box of heels she packed.

As much Amrit tried to ignore her presence, the ticking of her heels made him aware.

He watched her getting ready, paying his undivided attention to her movements, by the end, he was pretty sure that he could do her hair and makeup without any instructions.

He quickly walked to her before she could apply sindoor, "I want to do that." He said, taking it from her hand, "Why does it look like a lipstick?" He asked, studying the liquid sindoor.

"It's not."

He smiled internally for making her talk to him with almost no effort at all, filling her partition slightly with the maroon liquid.

"You're so fucking beautiful, it's difficult to look away." He whispered, looking at her through the mirror.

"I noticed." She replied, getting up and turning to him, opening his shirt buttons and redoing them properly this time.

"One sec." He lifted up a finger, walked towards the bed and took something out of his previous pants pocket before walking back to her, a single white rose in his hand, "I apologise, for my behaviour towards you today." He sighed.

"Next time bring food too." She accepted the rose with a grin, "Tuck it in my hair." She said, giving it back to him.

"That's all?" He looked at her, bewildered by her response.

"What?"

"Where's my part of apology?" He asked, tucking the flower as she asked him to.

"Why would I apologise? You are the one who didn't try to talk to me." She frowned, checking the flower in the mirror.

"You were the one who avoided me for no reason." He replied in confusion.

"You made me mad." She shrugged, walking to the bed and picking up his tux and helping him wear it.

He pulled her infront once she was done, pulling her closer as he looked at her, taking his time, drinking in her features with his eyes.

"I hope that lipstick is transfer-proof because I'm about to ruin it." He whispered, kissing her a second later before she could even react.

His fingers trailed over her bare back, thanks to the almost backless dress, sending shivers down her body.

"I missed you." He mumbled against her lips.

"Not even a day passed." She replied with a giggle.

"I miss you every single second if not with you." He replied.

"Do you?"

"Umhmm." He hummed, pecking her lips one more time, his fingers still tracing patterns on her back.

"I love you more." She replied, kissing his jaw, making him stop writing on her back. Biting back a smile, he traced 'kiss me' this time, "No." She shook her head playfully, getting out of his arms and walking back to the mirror.