15

Descending the stairs, they both noticed the grandparents sitting in the living room area, while dadi was knitting a sweater, dada ji was admiring his wife.

"Dadu?" Amrit called, "Hum bahar jaa rahe hain." He informed him, taking Roop's hand in his.
(We are going out)

"Idhar aa." Dada ji called him, gesturing with his hand.
(Come here.)

Pulling Roop along with him, he walked to where dadu was sitting, leaning down as dadu literally had to crane his neck up because of his height.

Pulling out a few notes from his pocket, dadu secretly handed them to Amrit, trying to wink in the end, masking his little smile, Amrit kept the money in his pocket.

Mihir might be everyone else's favorite but dadu had his one favorite grandchild from the very start and it wasn't going to change anytime soon, if he got a great-grandchild, that would be an exception.

"Bye." Amrit stood straight, waving at both his grandparents, Roop bidding bye to them too before she was pulled out of the house by an impatient Amrit.

"Aaram se," Roop mumbled, struggling to match his pace. (easy there)

Walking to his car, he opened the door to the passenger seat for her, tucking her dress in before getting inside himself.

"Seatbelt." He reminded her, leaning over to pull it before she could do it herself, knowing full well the effect he has on her. Just like he anticipated, she stuck to the seat, heat rising up her cheeks.

Going back to his seat, he started driving as soft music played in the background.

"We're going to my office first, is that fine with you?" He asked, looking at her for a second before focusing on the road again. She hummed in response.

It would've been okay with her even if he was taking her just for a mere ride to the neighborhood too but she didn't say it out aloud.

The ride was a short one since his office building wasn't that far, getting out of the car, he opened her door making her look up at him in surprise.

"C'mon." He forwarded his hand to her.

"You..uh..you want me to come with you?" She asked hesitantly, not expecting him to take her to his office.

"Yes, why would you even ask that?" Amrit frowned at her question, if he wanted to leave her in the parking then he would've left her at the mansion only.

Grabbing her hand, he helped her out and locked the car. As they reached the entrance, Roop tried to pull her hand out of his.

"What are you doing?" He turned to her.

"Um...Your employees...what about your employees?" She asked, being the one who wasn't allowed to enter her parents' office building, she was paranoid about entering his, that too while holding his hand.

"I don't pay them to care about what they think, they can think whatever they want to." He replied, tugging her hand to make her stand beside him instead of behind him.

"But-"

"Is that your favorite word?" He asked, continuing to walk, making sure she was right beside him all the time.

Feeling so many eyes on them, especially her, she kept silent, ducking her head down to hide her face with her hair. She again tried to pull her hand out of his but he didn't let go.

Entering the elevator, he pressed the button to the top floor, his eyes watching her fidgeting with her dupatta with her free hand, deciding to give her some time, he kept silent.