26

A smile played on her lips as she read a book, a romance book in specific as she sat on the swing, waiting for her husband since he was late, again.

Her sole attention was on the book until it was stolen by the one who breathed her attention, Roop looked at the place where the headlights were coming from.

Dropping the book on the swing, she rushed towards him, "You had a bike all this time?" She asked Amrit, moving around his Harley Davidson in awe.

"Hop on." He said, gesturing for her to get on the bike.

"But.." She threw a worried glance at him, contemplating whether to tick off one of her wishes off her wishlist or not.

"If you don't want to then..." He turned off the ignition, his hands going to unhook the helmet when Roop quickly sat behind him, grabbing his shoulder in nervousness since it was her first time sitting on a bike.

"I didn't even inform anyone.." She said worriedly as he drove to the entry gate, asking the guard for a helmet they kept in the small room.

"It's okay, they're probably asleep. Wear this." He gave her the helmet.

"Mere baal.."
(My hair..)

"Roop."

"Fine." She wore the helmet, making sure her hair won't get ruined.

"Hold me.." He whispered, the mansion fading into space as he increased the speed.

"You have a license right?" She asked, wrapping her arms around him as the cold winded her face.

"No, we're going to get one." He replied, making her tighten her hold on him.

"Mazaak kar rahe hain na? I..I-"
(You're joking right? I..I..)

"Calm down, I've been driving since I was fifteen." He assured her as they stopped at the red light, his hands playing with hers till they waited for a green signal.

In Delhi's traffic, Amrit preferred riding a bike on days he could, it was better than being stuck in traffic anyway.

A smile graced her lips as she thought about the progress they were making in their relationship, resting her head on his shoulder, her smile only got wider as he brought her hands up to his mouth, pressing soft kisses on her palm.

If five months ago someone asked her about her relationship with her husband, she never would've thought of this but here she was, five months later, having her arms wrapped around him while he did nothing but left her having warm feelings inside.

Keeping her arms secure around him, he drove on the dead-end road, both of them enjoying the closeness, using the bike ride as an excuse.

It was after a while when Amrit stopped outside a restaurant, it wasn't a big one, a very small one rather, "I hope today's dinner wasn't something delicious?" He asked as he parked the bike outside.

"Nita aunty made Shahi paneer." She replied, getting off the bike.

"Thank goodness." He murmured before a frown etched his brows, "You should've said something, it's getting colder." He complained, getting rid of his suit jacket and making her wear it.

She was wearing a thin salwar kameez since it was already late at night and she planned on going to sleep as soon as Amrit finished eating.

"It's okay-"

"Chup." He kept a finger on her lips before holding her hand and walking inside the restaurant, "It's not something extravagant but they have the best food." He told her.

"Do they have Chinese?" She asked, hoping he would say yes, she wanted to eat Chinese food since evening but didn't tell anyone.

"They do." He replied, feeling her grip tightening as she walked faster in excitement.

"I wanted to eat chinese since evening, thank you." Pecking his cheek quickly, she ran away to choose the best seat for them, near a corner facing the window.

"If I knew you'd be that excited, I would've cancelled the meeting and come back earlier." He commented, taking a seat infront of her.

"It's okay, can I choose what to order?" She asked, feeling excited that she could choose her order herself instead of all the times when she dined out with her parents, who only order salads for her.

"Order whatever you want to." He slid the menu card to her.

"How did you find this place?" She asked, her eyes raking over the items she was going to order.

"I used to come here with my bestfriend in college, Jashn, he showed me this place." He told her.

"I met him! He was..nice." She tells him, handing him the menu to select something for himself.

"You did? When?" He frowned.

"When you came back home while drunk, he dropped you home." She informed him, watching his frown turn into an understanding expression.

Both of them placed their orders while Amrit looked at her, listening to everything she said.

"...and you know who he was with? His girlfriend's bestfriend and she was the same one who encouraged her, the girlfriend to pursue him!" She was telling him about the recent book she read.

"What did she do then?" He asked, resting his chin on his palms, as he watched her speak enthusiastically about the book.

"She forgave them, can you believe that? I jumped to the end and I was so disappointed, I stopped reading that one, I'm reading a new one now." She told him.

"I'll write a book one day." He tells her.

"Really? And why is that?" She asked, watching the server place the dishes on the table.

Both of them thanked him before Amrit answered her question, "So I could give people like that a million reasons why you should never cheat." He shrugged, picking up a fork.

Roop smiled upon hearing his reply, the more she got to know him, the more she let go of the misunderstandings she had against him, he proved all her thoughts wrong, the thoughts that were eating her up for the three months she spent over analyzing everything.

"This is delicious." She said as she took a bite of her fried rice and Manchurian, "Here, taste this!" She brought a spoonful to his mouth.

"It's good." He replied, chewing the food.

"Haina? I would've kissed you for fulfilling my cravings without even knowing if we weren't in public." She said, her cheeks turning red when she realized what she said.

"Let's go somewhere private then?" He suggested, a teasing smile on his lips.

"It's getting late, isn't it?" She quickly changed the topic.

"It is."

She didn't say anything after that, devouring the delicious food till she was satisfied. Amrit had to finish almost half the dishes since Roop couldn't.

"I feel so full." She mumbled as they walked towards the bike.

"You didn't even eat half of the food." He murmured, putting the helmet on her head, and clutching the lock.

"I wanted to eat all of it, I'll probably cry about it tomorrow." She sighed, hugging him lazily, now that she had her tummy full, she wanted nothing but to go to their bed and sleep.

"Do you want to have ice cream?" He asked, taking a seat.

"No, I want to go home." She replied.

"Okay."

...
The first chapter of the year? I feel so ajeeb lol!
Should I start the new book?
Will you be fine reading two books together (if you're reading that is?)