37

"Why can't she just die?" Amrit sighed, controlling the urge to cover his ears.

"Aapko kitni baar bola hai? Aise nahi bolte." She scolded, standing beside him.
(How many times I have told you? Don't talk like that.)

"Let's put an end to this." He said, more to himself than her before heading back inside the room to fetch some papers.

"What are you doing?" She asked, trying to block his way.

"Move. I'm doing what I should've done ages ago." He replied, walking past her. Roop tried to stop him but he was determined to do what he said.

"Amrit, please no." She followed him downstairs, seeing bua ji furious gaze landing on them.

"Ask him! Puchiye issey kya kia hai isne! Koi haq nahi hai isey ye decision lene ka!" She pointed at Amrit, looking at her mother.
(Ask him! Ask him what he did! He has no right to take this decision)

"Actually, I do." Amrit took a seat calmly, not caring about everyone standing, he was trying to prove a point to Nandini but she was too enraged to think normally.

"20 percent of the whole property is under my daughters name, you can't take that away from them!" She yelled.

"Cute. Read this." He threw the paper on her face.

"Amrit." His mother looked at him with a warning.

"Yes?"

"Stop it." She whisper-yelled.

"I didn't start it ma, I never did but I will end this, don't you think it's time? She never leaves a chance to disrespect my wife, why would I respect that woman?" He asked.

"Amrit. You're crossing your limits." His dad came forward.

"Am I?"

"I didn't raise you to be like this, apologise. Right now." Ritika pointed towards Nandini.

"I won't."

"Please, chalein yahan se." Roop tried to pull his sleeve but he didn't budge.
(Please, let's go from here)

Dada ji started to say, "You can't name everything under Roop's name, it is everyone's rightful property. We built this with our hardwork-"

"It's not. Don't forget when you were on the verge of losing everything, I was the one who saved it, I worked my ass off to give you this lifestyle back. You might've forgotten what this good for nothing woman did but I didn't. Don't throw that shit on my face, I can and I will do whatever the hell I want to, You have whatever you have earned, I just made my wife the owner of my belongings, why is that bothering everyone so much?" He stood up.

"Amrit." Nandini yelled as a warning.

"For god's sake, I know my name. Can y'all stop it?" He sighed in annoyance.

"You can't blame my kids for things I did."

"Yes I can and know what bua ji? I want you to leave this house by evening." He shrugged, challenging her with his eyes.

"Amrit. Boht hogaya, go back to your room this instant." Mehul pointed upstairs, raising his voice.

"Why? Your sister is so dear to you? You stopped me when she messed with my company, I stopped. You said not to do anything infront of Roop? I didn't, but this time? I'm done. Arey maine inki kartuton ko ginwana shuru kia na to raat ho jaani hai, ya to ye. Ya to mai. Choose." Amrit said, crossing his arms.
(If I started enumerating her misdeeds then it will probably going to be night, either it's her or me. Choose.)

"This is it then?" Dadu stepped forward.

Amrit didn't reply, looking at his dad to say something in his favour, to choose him before his sister for once.

"Pack our bags Roop, we're leaving." He looked back at her, before tearing his gaze away watching the pleading look in her eyes.

"You'll choose to leave instead of changing your decision?" Mehul asked.

"Remember you said, 'your wife always comes first,' so I'm simply choosing my wife." He shrugged.

"Okay. Calm down, let's sit down and talk like adults." Rishi intervened, coming between the father and son duo.

"What's the point tau ji? Like all the thousands of talks, this will end up in her favour again! Because your sister can always prove herself to be better!"

"Calm down." He repeated, "Sit here." He pointed to the sofa, waiting for Amrit to sit down, "Now tell me what happened?" He asked calmly.

"Ask your sister, she started yelling for no reason." He looked away, getting frustrated by looking at Nandini's smug face.

"I'm asking what happened that you decided to name everything to her all of a sudden." He clarified.

"Why does that bother her?"

"Because it belongs to Saanvi and not this worthless-" She was interrupted before she could complete.

"Not even the dust in this house belongs to her, shut the fuck up before I make you." Amrit warned, not caring about the elders anymore.

"If you didn't apologise right now, I swear to God Amrit, I would-"

"Cool. You too ma?" He turned to his mother, a painful chuckle leaving his lips as he looked at her.

"Apologise." She repeated, breathing harshly.

"I won't. She can go to hell for all I care, my property is none of her concern." He stood up, holding Roop's hand to leave.

"What if this marriage doesn't work? What will you do then? What happens when you decide to part ways?" Amrit's father asked, stopping them.

"The only time we'll be parting ways is when I die, I'm just securing her future, who knows when another accident happens?" He replied, his eyes flickering over to Nandini, letting her know that he knew.

"Another? What do you mean by another?" Ritika panicked, grabbing his arm frantically as she questioned.

"Ask her. Why are you silent Nandini Mehrotra? Tell her about everything you did! She has tried to poison me multiple times, she has planned accidents, she has done so many things but I didn't say anything but you know when she crossed the line ma? She tried to hurt my wife. Not once, multiple times. I'm just asking you to choose. Her or me."

He didn't stay there for a minute more, leaving the house while holding Roop's hand tightly, fearing if he let go then she would choose her too like his parents just did.

...
Next chapter's going to be a tough task 🌚
Anyways, I hope it wasn't too much?