42

"I feel hungry."

All eyes turned to Mihir, Avni's hands paused in middle, she was eating the half-eaten burger that he gave her to keep safe in her purse.

"It was mine!" He accused, going to snatch it but Rahil pushed his hand away.

"Let her eat."

"Mera tha wo." He looked at her chewing the last bite happily.
(It was mine)

Before he could say anything, Rahil pushed him forward to keep walking since the announcement for boarding the flight was already made.

Roop on the other hand wasn't paying attention to their banter, she was way too occupied in looking around since it was her first time travelling anywhere outside Delhi, that too in an airplane.

It was pretty hard to say she wasn't excited, it was clear on her face.

"What if the plane can't fly?" She asked Amrit who was answering her pointless question since the moment they woke up.

"It will."

"Do you think I would get the window seat?" She asked as they neared the entrance.

He hummed, he made sure to book a window ticket for her. And much to her luck, she got the window seat. Mihir, who was trying his best to avoid Rayna made his way to sit beside Roop only to get pushed in the end.

"Kya matlab ek ghanta bhi door nahi baith sakte kya? Itna toh Magnet bhi nahi chipakta hoga." He complained, finding the only empty seat beside Rayna since there was no point in arguing with Rahil as he took the farthest seat they got with Avni.
(You can't sit away from her even for an hour, can you? Even a magnet won't stick that much.)

About Ishani...well, if Mihir was stubborn, Jashn was double, more if possible.

"Jaa raha hai ya nahi?" Amrit asked.
(Are you leaving or not?)

"Bhai-"

He was cut off by the announcement for the seatbelt.

"Jaayein aur apni kursi ki peti baandh lein." Amrit smiled sarcastically.
(Go and wear your seat belt.)

Murmuring profanities under his breath, he sat beside Rayna, deciding not to argue even though she was sitting on his seat, a window seat to be precise.

"Sunein." Roop whispered as the plane took off.
(Listen)

"Haanji." He turned to her. (Yes)

"Udte udte beech me plane crash ho gaya toh?" She asked.
(What if the plane crashed?)

A small chuckle left his mouth hearing her question, "Don't worry, it's just an hour-long flight. We'll reach there safely." He squeezed her hand.

"I feel so good!" She told him, looking out of the window. He clicked her picture secretly when she was busy admiring the pretty sky.

...

"Why can't I stay with Ishani but you can stay with Roop?" Jashn argued.

"Because you're not married yet." Amrit replied, Fixing Roop's shawl.

"That's so...matlabi." He replied.
(Selfish)

"Bhai please, I swear he'll sleep on the couch." Ishani bargained.

"Excuse me?" Jashn turned to her.

"Tum chup raho." She replied, "Or you can share a room with him, waise bhi bhabi-"
(You keep quiet.)