19

Two weeks passed in a blur but it left some good memories for the new couple. The little time gave them an opportunity to come closer and become more comfortable with each other.

"Roooop."

A sigh left her lips as she heard her name being called for probably the fifth time since she came downstairs making Avni snort.

"Jao jao." Avni couldn't help but stifle her laughs because of how annoyed Roop looked.
(Go, go)

By now, Amrit had a problem finding his toothbrush, shampoo, belt, watch, and socks, Roop tried to think of what he might want this time since he was almost ready.

"He's doing this on purpose, I'm telling you." She shook her head, keeping the knife down.

"Oh for sure...you know why Rahil-"

"I can't hear you." Roop closed her eyes tightly along with her ears. The way Rahil was always the introverted, silent type of guy, Avni was the complete opposite.

Her calm and polite nature always faded away when she was with people she loved, Avni often overshared alot of things, like she was doing at the moment even though Roop was out of the kitchen and earshot.

"What's cooking?" Rahil asked, hugging his wife from behind.

"Pattagobhi, khaoge?" She asked, stuffing a piece of cabbage in his mouth, making him frown.
(Cabbage, wanna taste?)

"I'm not hungry." He replied, not being able to decide if he wanted to leave his wife and spit out the leaf in his mouth or enjoy the feeling of her in his arms.

"Chalo hato ab, koi aajayega." Avni tried to push him away, it had happened way too many times that someone caught them because of Rahil's PDA and it was embarrassing enough for it to happen again.
(Move now, someone will come)

"No one is there." He replied, kissing her neck, his thumb caressing her stomach as his hand travelled inside her kurta.

"We're in the kitchen!" She smacked his arm with a spatula, looking around to see if any worker saw them or not. Not paying any heed to her futile attempts to push him away, he sucked over her skin.

"Let's go to our room then." He whispered, unclipping her hair as he moved them to cover the fresh hickey he gave her.

"Bhabi-"

Both of them sprang apart as soon as Ishani's voice reached their ears, Rahil cleared his throat awkwardly, leaving the kitchen as soon as Ishani stepped in.

Amrit on the other hand waited impatiently for Roop to come to their room, choosing a tie.

"Roo-" He opened his mouth to call for her again one more time but saw her reflection in the mirror and boy if she didn't look pissed...

A boyish smile spread on his lips as he turned to her with a black tie in his hand, his shirt's buttons were undone and his hair was all over the place.

"Hi." He waved, watching her eyes narrow as she studied his actions. He saw her eyes dropping to his body, the hours he spent in the gym were helping him for sure with the way Roop never left a chance to glance at the muscles. "Can you help me with this?" He asked, raising the tie in the air.

Tieing a tie wasn't hard but that was something he never learned, not even the YouTube videos helped.

"Button lagaiye." She replied, stepping closer.
(button up)

"My hands are occupied." He replied, wrapping his arm around her waist. Shaking her head, she buttoned his shirt while he just looked at her.

"15 minute me se 16 minute to maine room me spend kiye, Avni had to do all the work, and do you know how everyone was just giving me looks?" She wrapped the tie around his neck before continuing, "Sab soch rahe honge ki I'm very irresponsible, aapke jaane ke baad buaji saara din iss baat ka taana dete rahengi." She finished her rant with a huff.