41

Quickly changing into other clothes, both of them rushed out, seeing all the family members except the grandparents sitting in the middle of the room.

"Ma?" Amrit walked towards them, touching the elders' feet.

"So um..sit down." Ritika said, looking at him who was waiting for her to say something.

The only place left to sit was the bean bag Mihir bought a couple of days ago because he couldn't watch the movies comfortably, taking a seat on the bean bag, Amrit pulled Roop in his lap.

"Ye kya kar rahe hain aap?" She hissed, trying to get off.
(What are you doing?)

Ishani who was making space between her and Mihir quickly went back to sitting comfortably like before.

"A lot happened in the past week." Mehul started, clearing his throat, "Roop.." He said, making everyone's focus shift to the couple on the beanbag.

Rahil who was the keenest observer bit back a smile seeing both of their hair wet. Mihir although didn't hold back, a wide smirk was plastered on his face.

"We want to apologise to you first, for letting all that happen when we could've stopped it. You didn't deserve any of that, Nandini was.."

"It's okay, it wasn't your fault...you don't have to-"

"Yes it was, we knew what was happening but we decided to ignore it, we're sorry." He looked down.

"Come to the point, where is she now?" Amrit asked.

"She left." Rishi answered, sitting straight, "We have filed a restraining order against her." He told them.

"Wh-what?" Ishani stuttered, suddenly attentive.

"It was her choice. She admitted to the things she did...the things Amrit said, it was either lockup or a restraining order, she chose the latter." He said.

"She admitted herself?" Amrit asked with raised brows.

"Your dad didn't leave her a choice." Rishi replied.

Although Amrit felt his father's eyes on him, he kept looking at Rishi, afraid he would tear up if he looked at him, "Saanvi?" He asked.

"She's...with Nandini." Priya replied.

"What happens when she comes back, apologising like every other time? What happens when she says she's ready to rectify her mistakes?" He asked.

"She's out of our lives. For good." Rishi answered in the end-of-discussion tone he mostly uses in Boardroom meetings.

Ritika, who stood up from her place walked towards Amrit, opening her arms, "Sorry?"

Getting up, He wrapped both his mother and his wife in his arms, "I am sorry, I'm sorry for the way I talked to you." He replied.

"Let's go back home now, soona soona acha nahi lagta!" Priya said.
(It doesn't feel like home)

"Nahi yahan acha lag raha hai merko." Mihir said.
(No I feel good here)

"Tu yahin reh jaa." She gave him the side eye.
(Then stay here!)

"You don't love me." He murmured sadly.

...

"See? He's watching over everything." Roop said, pointing upwards to refer to God, "Der hai, andher nahi." She ruffled his hair, taking a seat in his lap.
(It might be delayed but it's not denied.)

"Let's go to Auli." He said.

"Auli? Why?" She asked, looking at him in confusion.