35

Mihir was quick to leave the moment he noticed Amrit's glare on himself while Roop frowned.

"You keep terrorizing the poor guy." She scolded.

"He keeps testing my patience," Amrit replied, a frown masking his features too as he felt her slipping away.

She just shook her head at his reply, packing the lunch and keeping it in her bag, "Are you leaving?" He asked, watching her moves.

"Yes, I'm meeting with an author around 4, she wanted to meet before I edited her book so yeah." She replied, "Wish me luck!" She turned to him, fixing her saree.

"I know you'll ace the meeting!" He replied.

"Yeah?"

"Yeah." He nodded, kissing her cheek, "Now get going before you get late." He said, turning her towards the door.

"Heyy! So eager to send me away?" She turned to him with a frown.

"You want me to drop you off?" He asked.

"No, Driver uncle is waiting for me, bye bye." She waved, opening the door, "Don't miss me too much." She added before finally leaving.

"I will!" He replied watching her back as she rushed towards the elevator. Sighing tiredly, he picked up a file before walking out.

Rayna, His assistant, who was busy reading a thick file stood up, alert to his presence only to sit back down and pat her racing heart since he didn't acknowledge her or asked her to do something.

Entering Mihir's office without knocking he opened his mouth to say something but stopped seeing Mihir sitting hand-in-hand with his assistant on the couch while they sat too close to be appropriate.

"Get up." He ordered, looking at the girl with his jaw clenched.

"Bhai-"

"I'm not talking to you. Get up and leave. You're fired." He pointed to the door.

"You can't just do that!" Mihir stood up along with Mehak, his assistant.

"Don't tell me what to do. Either she leaves by herself or I call the security, your call." Amrit replied, sitting on Mihir's chair as he threw the file on the desk.

A tear dropped from her eye as she looked at Mihir, feeling humiliated by the way Amrit talked, tearing her eyes away from him she started moving outside.

"Make sure I don't find anything missing." He added.

"Bhai!" Mihir turned to Amrit with an accusing glare, "What is wrong with you? How could you do that to me?" He asked, his expression hardening as he looked at him.

"Watch your tone with me," Amrit warned.

"Why? The great Amrit Mehrotra is the only one who could talk like that?" He mocked, running a hand through his hair in frustration.

"Get yourself a glass of water and then we'll talk." He replied, playing with the paperweight.

"The hell I will."

He rushed out to talk to Mehak but she wasn't there neither was her handbag.

He barged back inside the office, pointing a finger at Amrit, "I swear if she leaves me I will-"

"You're free to leave with her."

"What the fuck is wrong with you? First, you humiliated her like that and then you're acting as if you didn't do anything wrong. What if I talked to Roop bhabi like that-"

"Don't bring my wife in this." He slammed the paperweight down with force, a warning clear in his voice.

"You're no one to talk to my girlfriend like that."