52

It was a Sunday morning, and Amrit was sleeping peacefully but that didn't settle well with Roop, she was awake for more than an hour and she couldn't go back to sleep even after trying.

Earlier when Amrit came back from the gym, she didn't wake up, now she felt like he was taking revenge.

"Uth jaayein na! I'm getting bored, no one is waking up." She walked around the room after getting ready.
(Wake up!)

An idea struck her mind as she picked up her makeup bag, and walked towards the bed before sitting on his stomach.

Opening the bag, she took out some eye primer, and applying on his eyelids evenly, "Waise toh it was very expensive par aapke paise lage the toh koi baat nahi." She talked to herself, picking out an eyeshadow palette.
(By the way toh it was very expensive but since you were the one who paid for this, it's fine.)

Working slowly on his eyelids, she used glitter, "Eyeliner lagaun? Laga deti hoon." She asked before answering herself.
(Should I apply eyeliner? I should.)

She was humming a song, "Ab hiliyega mat, nahi to kharaab ho jayega." She warned, even though he was awake, he didn't say anything, letting her do whatever she wanted to.
(Now don't move, Otherwise, it will get ruined)

"Chalein ab aakhein kholein, mascara lagana hai." She ordered, taking out the mascara.
(Now open your eyes, It's time for mascara.)

Letting out a sigh, he opened his eyes, "Good." She said before applying the mascara, "Dekho kitne pyaare lag rahe ho aap." She said, pressing his cheeks that made his lips pucker, she kissed him before assessing what else she could use on his face.
(See how cute you look.)

"Can I wash this now? My eyes feel itchy." He asked politely.

"Ohmygod, Ohmygod, you're having an allergic reaction?" She quickly got off of him, pulling him up as she quickly pulled him to the bathroom.

She took out the micellar water, cleaning the makeup she put on his eyes.

"Do you feel better now?" She asked once all of it was off.

"A little." He replied, moving his hand to rub his eyes but she held them.

"Pehle kyun nahi bola aapne?" She asked, worry lacing her tone as she searched for the medicine she got when she had an allergic reaction a few months ago.
(Why didn't you say anything earlier?)

Directing him back to the bed, she applied the cream on his eyelids, "Do your eyes hurt too?" She asked.

"They burn." He replied, trying to open his eyes but he closed them instantly, feeling the burning sensation in his eyes.

"Don't open them, I'll get some eye drops for you." She told him, searching the drawers for some eye drops.

"Roop. Calm down."

"I'm calm." She replied although she was anything but, her hands were trembling in panic so much that she couldn't see the eye drops right infront of her eyes.

It was fifteen minutes later when he opened his eyes, feeling better only to find her crying as she sat beside him.

"Why are you crying?" He asked, wiping her tears before pulling her in a hug, "it's okay, it wasn't your fault."

"I feel bad." He heard her muffled voice.

"You don't have to, now stop crying and wash your face, we'll go for a walk then, hmm?"

"You should stay in the room, your eyes will hurt." She replied.

"They feel fine now, go." He got up, pulling her up with him.

...

It had been 10 months since they got married and their married life was going smoothly after so many bumps in the way, one thing though? Roop loved this Amrit more than she hated the Amrit seven months ago.

Although at the moment, she was contemplating her life choices, she even thought about ten different ways in which she could kill Amrit without anyone knowing.

Mihir hung a dart board infront of her, with a printout of Amrit's picture on it.

"Here, I'm with you." He gave her some support.

"Me too." Rahil took a seat on the other side of her as they were sitting in her room, she snatched the darts from both of their hands.

"Mere pati ki photo pe darts maaroge?" She asked angrily.
(You'll throw darts at my husband's photo?)

"N-no." Rahil raised his hands in surrender, making her head turn towards Mihir.

"Bass ek?"
(Just one?)

"Ji nahi. Ek bhi nahi." She took the dart he hid in his hands.
(No. Not even one.)

Turning towards the picture, she threw one straight in the middle, "Did you see that?" She clapped excitedly, looking at them to clap for her too but they looked at her with a side eye.

"Mai karun to aapke pati or aap karo to kuch nahi?" Mihir asked.
(If I do it then he's your husband and when you do it, it's okay?)

"Kiska birthday bhoola tumhara bhulakkad bhai? Mera! Subah se gayab hain, agar surprise birthday party di na to maine inki party banani hai, dekhna tum." She said, throwing another dart but then she started feeling bad and got up to remove the darts and straightened his picture.
(Whose birthday did your forgetful brother forget? Mine. He's missing since morning, if it turned out to be a surprise birthday party, I'll make his party, you just wait and watch.)

"I think I heard Avni calling me." Rahil got up.

"She's not even home." Roop rolled her eyes.

"Riiight, Did you open my gift?" He asked.

"Yes! I loved it, I opened all the gifts! You know it was my first time getting so many gifts after so many years, I wanted to wait but I couldn't, do you think I should've waited, Avni said I should open after cutting the cake but I couldn't wait, are you mad at me?" She asked, her eyes widening as she thought she hurt him by opening the gift before cutting the cake.

"Calm down, it's okay, it's your gift. You decide when you want to open them." He replied.

"Pehli baar dhang ki baat kar rahe hain." Mihir added.
(He's talking sensibly for the first time.)

She picked up the bottle of lemonade Mihir got for her when he came, "Do you think ki wo kho toh nahi gaye?" She asked.
(Do you think he got lost?)

"Who? Bhai?" Mihir asked, she nodded in response, "Kahan se laate ho aise khayal?"
(Where do you get these thoughts from?)

"Maine crime patrol me dekha tha, ek din ek insaan kho jaata hai, fir usko kidnap kar leta hai koi aur fir they ask for money, tumhare paas kitne paise honge? Merpe jyada nahi hain." She told him with concern-filled voice, "haaye rabba, merko to tension ho rahi hai." She got up, walking back and forth.
(I saw it in crime patrol, one day one man gets lost and then someone kidnaps him and then they ask for money, how much money do you have? I don't have alot.) (Oh God, I'm getting tensed.)

"Okay, I think you're overthinking. Let's call bhai, yeah?" Rahil said when he saw Mihir doing nothing but laughing at her words.

"Yes! I didn't call him because I was angry." She admitted.

"Ofcourse you didn't." He mumbled under his breath, remembering all the times Avni blocked his number because he made her mad.

He didn't answer the call but texted that he'll call later.

"Nikamme hain ekdam." She huffed as she read the text.
(He's useless)

"Let's watch a movie, yeah? It's my duty to keep the birthday girl happy, I got you a tiara too, where's it?" Mihir asked, finding the tiara and making her wear it before playing Tangled on tv.

...
It's my baby's birthday 🤍