54

Amrit twirled her around, hearing her laugh as she watched her gown flaring, they were alone in their room, back home after the party but she wasn't done, Roop wanted to dance.

"Can I keep this for a little longer?" She asked, wrapping her arms around his neck.

"It's yours, keep it as long as you want to." He replied.

"It's mine? It's not rented?" She asked in confusion, all her wedding clothes were rented, her parents didn't allow her to spend more than the necessary money on anything.

"This was specially made for you, Roop, you know your husband earns enough to not make you wear rented clothes, right?" He joked.

"But...why did you spend so much money? You-"

"Shh, if you think I'll not do it again, you're wrong so stop trying to make me feel bad about something that isn't, you said you didn't have anyone to spend your money on? Neither did I but now I do, and what's the point of earning so much and not spoiling my wife...seems pretty useless to me." He shrugged, picking her up in his arms as he took her to the closet, making her sit on the sofa in the middle while he picked out clothes for her.

"Amrit?" She called, watching him change.

"Haanji?"

"Ab aap mere husband hue ya fiance?" She asked the question she's been wondering about ever since he made her wear the ring.
(Are you my husband or my fiance now?)

"Ye to maine socha hi nahi." He replied, starting to wonder what he should call himself now, "We'll think about it later." He said, walking behind her as he opened the zip of her dress.
(I didn't think about this..)

"Are we going to make love now?" She asked, shivering as his fingertips touched her back.

"Do you want to?"

"I love it when you love me but I'm tired." She replied.

"I love it when you allow me to love you." He kissed her back, helping her out of the dress, "Let's get into something comfortable, yeah?"

"Keep it in the box, I don't want it to get ruined." She said stopping him from throwing the dress in the corner, "Gadhe hain kya aap thode se?" She frowned.
(Are you a little stupid?)

"Sorry mohatarma." He apologised, keeping the dress safely in the box.
(sorry madam.)

Once the dress was safely kept on a shelf, he slipped one of his oversized t-shirts over her head before picking her up again.

"You must be tired too, I can walk." She offered.

"Roop?"

"Yes?"

"Shut up."

He helped her with removing her makeup like he watched her do so many times before, taking her to bed afterwards.

Both of them were busy in their thoughts as the room was surrounded by darkness, she was thinking about the past while he was wandering about their future.

"We'll get married again..." She whispered, her head resting on his chest as she looked up at him, trying to see him in the little moonlight escaping from the balcony.

"We will."

"Can I buy a new Chooda? I didn't get to choose anything, I want to get a maroon lehenga...the maroon wasn't available for rent so my mother got the pink one, I didn't like it, so many girls were wearing something better than me...it didn't make me feel good...I wanted to feel like a bride, Oh! Can I apply mehndi too? Mother didn't let me, she told everyone I was allergic...I am not, I want to see my hands filled with henna, I didn't get to apply on karwa chauth too, I couldn't tell mummyji, can you tell her? I want to know how it feels to apply it...I will write your name too...that would be so cool, right?" She asked excitedly.