53

(thank you for all the birthday wishes although it was Roop's birthday not mine, also, Happy holi 💕🌈 I hope tum bhang pii kar soye nahi hoge abtak )
•••

She linked her arms with both of theirs throughout the movie in case one of them ditched her in the middle of the movie.

"I'm holding my pee for the last forty minutes, will you leave my hand now?" Mihir asked impatiently as the credits rolled.

She quickly left their arms, getting up to stretch her body while Mihir made a run for the bathroom.

"I have a message to deliver." Rahil cleared his throat, "There's something for you in the closet, you have one hour to get ready, you had two but Mihir played the movie so yeah." He told her.

"Closet me baithe hain wo?" She asked in confusion.
(Is he sitting in the closet?)

He opened his mouth to say something but closed it, "Ah, no, see it yourself." He replied.

"Okay." She said, walking towards the closet when he stopped her.

"Let me take Mihir with me or he won't stop bugging you, no one included him in the secret." He let her know, she nodded in understanding.

Two minutes later, Mihir came out, holding the bottle of Amrit's aftershave in his hand.

"I'm stealing this, don't tell bhai." He said, showing it to her.

She snatched it back, "You're not, jaao ab."
(Now leave.)

"Merese koi pyaar nahi karta." He mumbled sadly.
(No one loves me.)

"Nice realisation but a little too late." Rahil commented, grabbing him by his shirt and taking him out of the room, nodding at Roop.

Locking the door, she ran to the closet, excitement filling her veins as she anticipated different things she could find in there but her excited grin turned into a frown when she found nothing.

Walking further inside, she saw a note on the ottoman that read, 'Left corner, bottommost shelf.'

Keeping the note aside, she pulled out the huge box from the shelf, throwing away the lid only to find another note, this one seemed bigger than the previous one on top of something wrapped.

'My Ruh,
I know you must be a̶n̶g̶r̶y̶ furious at me for not being the first person to wish you, I apologise, although I must be the last person wishing you, Happiest Birthday to you, I hope this year will be filled with just happiness and happiness only, I will try to make sure of that, I've planned something for my birthday girl so here I am, writing this note because I knew if I spent the day with you, I would've spilt everything. There's just something about your eyes, they're h̶y̶p̶o̶ hypnotizing. Remember you said you were feeling like a princess that day? I got my princess a dress, wear it, Rahil will pick you up.
I'll be waiting.
Only yours,
Amrood.'

Smiling widely, she kissed the note, keeping it safely in her locker along with the previous one before seeing the dress.

She held it out of the box, the gown flared all over the place the moment it was out of the box, she kept it back, feeling scared that she might ruin it. Her eyes roamed all over the gown, her fingers touching the tulle softly, caressing the crystals weaved into the fabric.