18

"Ghar kyun nahi aaye kal?"
(Why didn't you come home yesterday?)

That was the first question thrown at Roop as she entered the house. Even though Amrit had breakfast with her, he didn't dare to enter the house. He knew his cousin wouldn't stop annoying him and that's what he was doing at the moment but with his wife.

"Wo..Petrol nahi tha!" She replied, feeling proud of herself for saying something sensible.
(Erm, there was no petrol.)

Mihir looked at her with strange expressions, opening his mouth twice just to close it again.

"Ye bhi kyun hi bola aapne? Nahi matlab.." He shook his head, "Khair, I'll get going now." He shook his head, letting her enter the house as he left for the office. "Nice shirt by the way!" He didn't forget to add the last part.
(Why did you even say this? no, I mean..)

Everyone seemed busy, giving Roop an opportunity to go to her room without any unnecessary questions, the conversation with Amrit came back to her mind, maybe it was better in the penthouse but then she wouldn't have anyone to talk to.

She'd rather stay with Nandini instead of living a life alone again, where people didn't care if she existed or not, Nandini's taunts were a better option than being neglected.

"Bhoo!"

"Aaaa!" Two yells came at the same time but one was ecstatic while the other was terrified.

Clutching her erratic heart, Roop looked at Avni in disbelief, who seemed to not get it. Avni was very happy with herself for scaring Roop the way she wanted and she succeeded in it too.

"Aww, Poor Roop...anyways, did you enjoy your little getaway?" Avni asked, entering the room behind Roop, and uncapping the water bottle she was holding.

"It was nice but I was sleeping more than half of the time." She replied with a sigh.

"Sleeping or...?" A teasing smile played on Avni's lips as she looked at Roop, Avni was one of those people who were actually happy with the progress in the couple's relationship but at the same time, it was like a duty for her to tease Roop about it.

"We just started talking." She reminded her.

"Right but hey! With the way bhaiya looks at you, it feels like you've been talking for years so you can't blame your girl here!" Avni defended herself.

"And how does he look at me?" Roop asked, shifting towards the closet.

"Like he'll die if he looked away." Came Avni's instant reply.

"You spend too much time with Mihir." Roop shook her head disapprovingly, there was no way Amrit looked at her like that, she clearly was exaggerating but she didn't say that to her.

"No shut up." Avni frowned, a gasp leaving her lips a second later, "Oh my god, that dress is so pretty!" She pulled out a sundress from the hanger, admiring it.

"Thank you, I never wore it." Roop replied with a shrug, remembering when she bought it because it looked so good on her plus it was heavily discounted at that time.

"We should totally go somewhere so you can wear this orrrrr..." Avni smiled suggestively, "You can wear this on your next date with Bhai." She winked in the end, hanging the dress back.

"You can take the dress if you want to." Roop went to grab the dress off the hanger but Avni swatted her hand away.

"Aye, no. You're going to wear it and trust me, I'll give you an occasion soon!" She stated before leaving Roop alone, "I made idli sambhar today!" She yelled from outside before disappearing off to her room.