20

Amrit kept humming random songs as they made their way inside or more like...Roop tried to get him to walk inside the house.

"I like here...fresh air!" He said, immediately starting to get excited over the rhyme he just made.

"Why did you even drink?" She asked, pulling him inside the front door, and locking it behind her.

"I not drunk."

"Yes, you are."

"You're pretty." He turned to her, looking at her face closely, "You have something there." He pointed out, touching her forehead with his forefinger to ease the frown.

"Okay, let's go inside."

"But-"

"Chup chap upar chalein aap issey pehle mai mummy ji ko uthaun jaa kar." She threatened him as he kept trying to go outside and Roop couldn't pull him because of their obvious weight difference.
(Just come upstairs quietly before I go and wake your mom up)

"Mean." He frowned before following her upstairs. He dropped himself on the floor as soon as they entered their room, "I'm tired." He let out a big sigh.

"Wahan thode na baith te hain, khade hoiye!" She pulled his arms, shaking her head at his actions because what the hell he was even doing?
(You can't sit there, stand up!)

"Me tired." He replied, going to lie down on the floor but she pulled him again.

"Stand up," Roop ordered, a warning clear in her voice as she looked at him, mumbling some incoherent words, he stood up, looking at her with an annoyed expression.

She ignored his reactions, pushing him inside the bathroom. Picking up his toothbrush, Roop put some toothpaste on it before shoving it in his mouth.

"Brush your teeth, your mouth stinks." Her nose scrunched up from the smell, he again tried to say something but the words came out jumbled and hard to understand.

Amrit spent the next 2 minutes brushing his teeth, although he finished he wanted to stop so many times but his wife was glaring at him through the mirror, challenging him to drop the brush.

Rinsing his mouth, he turned to her like an obedient child, Roop wiped his face with a hand towel, "Aise koi itna drink karta hai kya ki hosh hi na rahe? And it's a bad thing...you shouldn't drink-"

(Who even drinks so much that he loses his conscious state of mind? And it's a bad thing...you shouldn't drink-)

She couldn't complete her sentence as he kept a finger on her lips, "You're cute."

"Bahar chalein." She said, removing his finger and taking him out of the bathroom, her eyes drifting off to the clock before going back to him.
(Move out)

She felt her grip loosening on his hand as he dropped himself on the bed, spreading his arms wide. With one hand, he patted the bed, "Come here."

"No, change first." She shook her head.

He got up in a sitting position, gesturing her to come closer as he grabbed her hand only to pull her over him, caging her in his arms.

"You're soft." He mumbled, turning them over so Roop was under him, making sure she can't escape, "And cuddly."

"Aap-"

"Shh, I'm sleeping." He shushed her, keeping his head on her shoulder.

She didn't respond, trying to calm herself down, on one hand, she was having that fluttery feeling inside but on the other hand, there was a fear gripping her mind, what if he got angry when he was sober in the morning?