40

As calm as things were in the penthouse, there was total chaos back in the mansion.

The moment the kids stepped out of the house, Ritika lunged towards Nandini, grabbing the first thing coming into contact which just happened to be her hair.

"You tried to hurt my baby? Right under my nose? You- Chodhein mujhe!" She yelled, being pulled back by Mehul.
(Leave me!)

Nandini groaned in pain since she didn't leave her hair, "Did you hear what he said? She tried to poison him! Isko na maar doon zeher khila kar mai!" Ritika looked at her husband in disbelief.
(Did you hear what he said? She tried to poison him! I should be the one to kill her with poison!)

"Mami!" Saanvi stepped between them, pulling her mother's hair out of her grip, she could feel what her mother was feeling since Ishani just pulled the shit out of her hair before leaving.

"We should file a complaint." Rishi said.

"Yes! She has physically assaulted me-"

"I'm not talking to you Nandini. I would be filing a complaint against you for all the things you did." He interrupted Nandini who thought he was on her side.

Dadi started to take a step towards her daughter but dadu kept a hand over hers, stopping her.

"Itne saalon tak isko yahan isliye rakha? Begairat insaan!" Ritika looked away because she knew if she looked at her for long, she would end up slapping her as Roop did.
(We gave her a home all these years for this? shameless person!)

"Don't talk to me like that." Nandini warned, "You're so blind by her fakeness that you can't see her real face! She'll run away with all the luxury you are giving her! And then? Then I'll be laughing at you guys, for not believing me, for trusting that wench-"

Not being able to control herself anymore, Ritika smacked her face hard, "Watch your mouth. I might leave you with just a slap, Amrit won't."

Hearing Amrit's name, Nandini went feral, and raised her hand, "Enough." Mehul grabbed Nandini's hand just when she was about to hit Ritika.

"Sau chudail mari hongi jab ye paida hui!" She yelled, looking at Nandini.
(100 witches must have died before she took birth)

"Calm down." Mehul whispered, caressing her hair lightly.

"Nandini...."

...

It had been a week since the shit went down, and not a single moment passed when they didn't wonder about the things happening back at home.

No call or a text came, worrying them to no extent. Mihir, who was cool about the situation was worried by now, worried about what that woman told their parents.

"Is bhai okay?" Mihir asked, looking at Roop who was drinking water in the kitchen.

"I don't know." She sighed, "Did anyone call?" She asked.

"No." He shook his head.

"How's Ishani holding up?"

"She's better than I thought, I mean...I didn't expect her to join us." He shrugged, "Jashn bhai proposed to her yesterday." He told her.

"He did?"

"Umhmm, It's good I guess? She'll get away from the mess her mother has created."