𝟎:𝟐𝟖

𝐃𝐀𝐊𝐎𝐓𝐀 𝐍𝐈𝐕𝐀𝐄 𝐏𝐎𝐎𝐋𝐄

𝐀𝐓𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐀, 𝐆𝐄𝐎𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐀𝐍𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝟓, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟏𝟑:𝟑𝟕𝐏𝐌

𝐀𝐓𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐀, 𝐆𝐄𝐎𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐀
𝐍𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝟓, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟏
𝟑:𝟑𝟕𝐏𝐌

"Devyn Giavanna Marley! You finna make my head explode! I keep telling you don't fry those pork chops too hard because Dayvon don't like it like that!" Dakota stressed, lightly banging her hand on her head twice.

"Girl leave me the hell alone!" Devyn laughed as she removed one of the pork chops from the deep fryer with a pair of tongs, then putting it in a bowl that was lined with paper towels.

As promised, Dakota was making the pre-thanksgiving meal for Von since he would be back in Atlanta in a few hours. She repeatedly went back to the live video to make a list of every single food he said he wanted, even though the foods he said were random.

She had been up, preparing the food since nine in the morning, and of course she had Maleah and Devyn helping her as well.

It wasn't only a pre-thanksgiving meal for Von, but also all of his friends, as well as her brother and Benji. She wanted to make it more-so like a friends-giving because she thought it would be fun.

By now, most of the food was done except for the pork chops, which Devyn was working on, Maleah's banana pudding, and the baked Mac and Cheese.

Dakota loved to cook usually, she just hated to do it under pressure. Cooking was like an escape to her, especially since she was taught how to do it so well from her mom and grandmother.

Besides the food, she couldn't wait to see Von. She hadn't seen him in forever and it also seemed like he was distancing himself from her for the past few days, barely calling her and texting her.

She physically felt that something was wrong, she just could not pin what it was. But instead of digging deeper, she just blamed it on the fact that they hadn't seen each other in so long.

Little did she know his guilt was stopping him from acting like everything was normal.

"Please, Dakota. She's not even frying them too hard! You gotta chill out some, pooh. You know what, you can go shower. We got it." Maleah reasoned as she placed Chessman cookies in a row on top of the pudding.

Dakota groaned out loud, running her fingers through the twenty eight inch frontal wig that was currently installed in her head. She wanted to stay in the kitchen so bad, but she knew she would stress herself out even more.

She made her way to her bedroom, beginning to strip from her previous clothes, which she threw into her dirty clothes hamper.

Deciding she would just pick out an outfit later, she grabbed her JBL speaker from her dresser, also making sure to bring her phone with her.