𝟎:𝟑𝟑

𝐃𝐀𝐊𝐎𝐓𝐀 𝐍𝐈𝐕𝐀𝐄 𝐏𝐎𝐎𝐋𝐄

𝐀𝐓𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐀, 𝐆𝐄𝐎𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟔, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟏𝟒:𝟐𝟐𝐀𝐌

𝐀𝐓𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐀, 𝐆𝐄𝐎𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐀
𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟔, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟏
𝟒:𝟐𝟐𝐀𝐌

Dakota twisted and turned in her bed, not being able to sleep. She felt like something was wrong, but she didn't know what.

She sharply sighed under her breath, pulling her phone off of her nightstand so she could check the time. Her eyes instantly squinted at the high brightness, locking her phone right after she saw the time.

𝟒:𝟐𝟐𝐀𝐌

After a few more attempts of failed sleep, Dakota just laid still, watching the raindrops roll down her windows. She then threw the covers off of her body before fixing the bonnet on her head.

She had been fine all week, and the week before that, but now she felt extremely sad, lonely even. And she hated feeling that way, that's why she always surrounded herself with people whenever she could.

But this felt like a different type of loneliness.

She turned on to her back, looking up at the ceiling while she rubbed her right eye.

"Dear Heavenly Father, I'm coming to you at this moment because I can't sleep and you are the bearer of all knowledge so you know why.  I'll start off by saying thank you. Thank you for giving me life this morning, thank you for keeping a protective shield over me, and thank you for guiding me through life and helping me make the best decisions I can."

"Please forgive me for all of my sins and wrong doings, and please continue to protect me and the people who are close to my heart."

It wasn't rare for Dakota to pray. She prayed very often actually, almost every night. Sometimes she would pray on her knees but most of the time it was in her bed. To her, it didn't matter where she did it, only that she was doing it.

"Lord, I trust you and all the decisions you have made for me and will continue to help me make in the future. I pray you continue to cover me in peace, happiness and your constant blessings."

"And God, please give me a sign, any type of sign. You know I have never been one to be oblivious to the messages you send me but at this moment, I'm so confused about this whole love thing. Do people who love you cheat on you? Am I supposed to take him back? I don't know God, just send me a sign, any sign if I'm supposed to work it out with him. Amen."

After she finished praying, she opened her eyes and instantly felt a sense of relief, like a weight was taken off of her chest.