𝟎:𝟑𝟔

𝐃𝐀𝐊𝐎𝐓𝐀 𝐍𝐈𝐕𝐀𝐄 𝐏𝐎𝐎𝐋𝐄

𝐀𝐓𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐀, 𝐆𝐄𝐎𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐀𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟓, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟏𝟏𝟏:𝟓𝟕𝐀𝐌

𝐀𝐓𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐀, 𝐆𝐄𝐎𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐀
𝐃𝐄𝐂𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑 𝟐𝟓, 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟏
𝟏𝟏:𝟓𝟕𝐀𝐌

"Von, what can you help me make? 'Cause you just standing here is starting to irritate me, for real." Dakota groaned, pushing him away from her for probably the millionth time in the past few hours.

It was Christmas morning and Dakota was stressing about her cooking, per usual. Most of the time when she was cooking a big meal, she had the help of her mom or her bestfriends. But today she was alone, with Dayvon bothering her every five seconds.

What was stressing her out more was the fact that she was the host of the party, which meant his family that weren't familiar with her food would have to eat it. Nerve wracking.

Other than the food situation, she was merely excited to be throwing a Christmas pajama party, one that her and Von's families would be present at. She was so eager for the two to clash and finally meet.

"I ca' help you make sum' oatmeal wit' peanut butter innat bitch. You want 'dat on yo table, ma?" He suggested and wrapped his arms around her waist, ignoring her mug.

She huffed loudly, putting a pan of potatoes in the oven which would soon be roasted potatoes.

The Christmas dinner consisted of roasted potatoes, turkey wings, fried chicken, sweet fried plantains, baked ham, greens, oxtails, rice, and of course, baked mac and cheese.

She just had to wait for the things to bake and she would be done with everything, finally.

She made sure to merge food preferences from her family and Von's family to make sure everyone was satisfied. She'd be damned if they threw her food away discreetly by putting the plate upside down into the trash can.

Finally closing the oven, she sighed in relief while going to wash her hands with Von trailing behind her.

"Comea' girl. You be stressin' yo'self out too much. Errything finna be cool." He reassured her as he wrapped his arms around her shoulders from the front.

She shook her hands free of the water before returning the gesture, wrapping her arms around his back instead. "You smell good, I love you."

"So fuck me, Miss Dakota." He smirked, walking forward while she walked backwards until they reached the archway that connected the kitchen to the dining room.

"Oh shit, look up, ma." He joked, obliviously pretending he didn't know the object was hanging from the arch.

Rolling her eyes with a smile, she looked up and before she could bring her head back down, he captured her lips into a sweet kiss.