The Church of Christian Kings

"You all elected me in this election," Pepperchini Fortnite said to the crowd. "And I told you things would be different tomorrow. And they will be. All language barriers will be torn down! All citizens of the nation have to obey a curfew of 3:30 at night. And all blasphemy spoken about me... or my church... will be subject to punishment by death."

The people began shouting, and the Pope King held up his hand to silence the crowd. Not all of them silenced, but enough so that he could talk over them.

"You may think that these rules are unfair, or that they don't make sense. Or even that I might be the cruelest president introduced the history of Las Aminour. But let me tell you this. If we can get through this, it will harden you to be able to get through anything: whether it be a drought, a famine, a war.

"But know this: without hardening the soul, the body, you can do nothing. By disagreeing with me here and now, you are giving yourselves up for dead. Is that really what you want?"

The Pope starts leaving the stage, but turns back to look at the crowd.

"I will be removing the election term, so that I will reign until I decide to stop. And after that, I will choose who my heir will be. Democracy is for weaklings, monarchy is what this nation needs."

The Pope King leaves, and the people begin to revolt.