The Heart of the Cards

That morning, the door to the Conclave of Collective Kingsmen opened to a woman none of them had seen before. Except for Aaron.

"Madame Suna," Aaron said, shaking her hand. "I was wondering how long it would take you to come down here and scope out the situation."

"Long enough, I believe, Aaron. Introduce me to your compatriots." Madame Suna asked.

"Madame Suna, this is the Conclave of Collective Kingsmen. James, Arón, Targot, Simon, Parcival, and Pope. Everyone, this is my church leader, Madame Sakarai Suna. She's the leader of the Heart of the Cards."

"Indeed. I came to tell you the time for revolution is now. We have the entire perimeter of Castle Aminour surrounded. When the Pope King blamed us for the death of that guard, we knew we had to act fast. We kept pushing back until they rubber band snapped, and it snapped far. From what we can tell in the inside, the guards are getting fed up with not being able to leave."

"Just like we are," Simon said.

"Which is why I'm saying the revolution ends now. If the akki can get us a gunpowder bomb, we can infiltrate the castle. James, Targot, do you think you can?"

The two akki leaned in, inviting Parcival to join on one knee. Then, James looked at Sakarai. "We humbly accept your offer, in exchange for never asking for one again."

"When we reinstate the government, we promise that it will be done." Sakarai turned to Aaron. "The revolution begins, and ends, today. If we don't end it here, this will go on for years. The Pope King will find another way to prolong the war, even if it means taking control of time."

"No one can control time anymore. The Time Lord's Rift has been untethered to Doomcolt."

"Then how will you return home?"

"I will return home, when my nation is safe. When my friends are safe." In that moment, everyone knew that they had to win it here and now.