A Revolution Dissuaded

Parcival jerked up right as Anri Bronzeheart fell down. Parcival was alive... but he shouldn't be.

"Anri!" James yelled, running over to her. But it was too late, her soul had already departed.

Aaron appeared in front of Parcival. "You're alright, everything's okay?"

"Everything's not okay!" James yelled. "You did this, didn't you? I've read of these things before... soul transfers! They're dangerous, and they take the lives of people that others care about! Did you specifically ask for her, or was it at random?"

"It... it was at random," Aaron replied, surprised at the turn of events.

James closed Anri's eyes. "I can never forgive you; even if you did save my friend, you killed my sister. Did you ever think that there are other ways to-"

"Necromancy is a dark art," Nikaidou says, sheathing his sword. "Dark Arts were what the Pope King used, and I've seen the effects of necromancy used before my eyes. An entire town was destroyed because of it."

"It doesn't matter, because you all took my sister!" James yelled at everyone. "Every! Single! One of you!"

Sakarai kneeled next to him. "If this was under my leadership, I would have made-"

Before anyone could say anything, Parcival had jumped up and launched Sakarai away from James.

"What do you think you're doing?" Sakarai asked, drawing her odachi. "I was only trying to console him."

"You were pushing your own political gain," Parcival growled. "Leave. Before I leave you no chance of using that blade."

Sakarai looked at Nikaidou, and the other samurai. But they did nothing, seeing first hand of how selfless she was. "My own military might not help me, but my congregation will."

"No, they won't." Aaron said. "Before Pope Fortnite died, Arkeim came to me to tell you that you were removed as Grand Cleric. You hold no title."

"I will still hold the title of president," Sakarai hissed, stealing a horse and riding away.