A Meeting with the King

Alastair II sat on his throne waiting for Alex the Blade to arrive, and was surprised when he did. He had brought everyone, even Caroline.

"I had nothing to do with Claymore, he sought after my power." Alistair stood, and shook Alex's hand. "I hope that man doesn't come between us."

"He won't," Caroline replied. "Because he's dead."

Alistair nodded, then turned to Alex. "After thinking long and hard about your proposition, I have agreed to give up the throne to your anarchy. My father held this throne, and it was given time because I was his son; I don't want to be the person he was, so I'm casting off any labels that would belong to me."

Alex nodded. "Alistair, I'm glad you came to that conclusion. I think that, given time, you could become a great ally... and an even better friend."

Thomathy walked up to Alistair, and unslung his backpack off of his back. He took out a book, and handed it to him. "This is the book that Claymore wanted. Will you keep it away from the bad guys?"

"I would guard it with my life," Alistair replied to the child, kneeling down to take the book. "I will make sure your family stays safe."

And from that day forth, there would never be another government in Pigalex that was ruled by a king. Revolutions would be started, wanna-be presidents would come and elect themselves as rulers, but nothing serious came of it.

That was... until the day Alexei Maldonado killed Will, kidnapped Thomathy and Toby, and imprisoned Mark Nathaniel. Until the day that Alexei killed Alex the Blade. The hero of Pigalex.