chapter 26

"breath Pete"

And with this Vegas crashed his lips on Pete's.

As the lips brushed against each other it was pulled back by the next second , not giving the time to atleast fall into the phase of the kiss.

As Vegas pulled back, he stood back , moved a few steps back from pete as he kept looking at him ,pete was just looking at Vegas in daze , as he couldn't get what actually happened in just a span of second.

There were the cries of dogs filling the air , yet they seemed to not tear their eyes off each other.

"I won't let someone hurt you, okie ... Just hold it till the end "

Was the first thing said by Vegas as he kept looking at the man infront of him whose eyebrows just furrowed at his words.

Forgetting the moment they had before, wanting to first clear everything he asked back with his curious face on.

"What are you saying khun Vegath, why would you not let someone hurt me and what do you mean by till the end?"

Vegas took a deep breath as he just couldn't say anything about the attack to him , he just wanted to tackle the situation for atleast now.

"Its not like I don't wanna tell you, its just I can't now. So, will you listen to me for only this once ?"

Vegas voice came out so soft as he was actually requesting the man before him.

Pete was just more confused now, first of all was the things said by Vegas and now why would he request him out of nowhere.

Still he nodded his head as he should obey his khun no matter what.

"Yes khun Vegath, what should the head bodyguard do for you?"

And that's what made Vegas sigh.

"Can you for once drop the tag of head bodyguard from your life ?or just do it atleast between us"

Pete brows knitted as he slowly looked down only to look up at Vegas again "khun Vegath, I can't. You are my boss and I can't just act like you aren't one"

"No. God, how to make you understand ..This is not even the time to do so. I already ruined enough"

He muttered the last sentence to himself tho.

"Khun Vegath?"

Vegas looked up at pete as he just grabbed him by his shoulders and looked deep into the eyes of him, when his own eyes were reflecting with a hope.

"Listen pete, I don't know how to make you this understand, heck iam not even gonna tell you all this now but try to engrave my words into your thick skull yeah?"

Vegas said with his deep voice which was making pete weak on his knees, but will he accept it? No... ofc not instead he focused on the words told to him.

He just nodded his head as the response.

"Good boy" Vegas muttered as he slightly brushed Pete's hairs.

"All you gotta do is, be ready for whatever is gonna happen, I know that you aren't scared of any armors or weapons and you will do everything for them but I want you to look after yourself too okie!"

He took a yet another deep breath as he continued.

"I want to see you again with no major bruises ..Iam not asking much, am i? I don't care whether it's much or just too much...i want you to be fine that's it."

He let out with an authority which was clearly indicating that this is not just something happening spontaneously it was already planned to happen.

Pete said nothing though he just let the words get the best into him. His bodyguard antics were saying something was surely gonna happen and Vegas was a part of it and the other side of him was just feeling warm inside as the man whom he loves so dearly is showing care towards him.