4.13

Chapter Sixty-Three – The Emperor (13)

When Yan Jing Ze learned that Chu Ting Xiu had left the palace, he was depressed.

His General wouldn't 'eat' his fill at noon and run away at night, would he?

    However, Chu Ting Xiu had been frightened all night and was exhausted by noon, so it was normal for him to want to go home and rest.

    Yan Jing Ze, on the other hand, is somewhat depressingly busy.

    After all the arrests were made, many officials came to the palace to pay their respects and show their loyalty.

    Although annoyed, what needs to be done still needs to be done, while Yan Jing Ze met these officials.

Last night, there were a lot of killings. Even though some of the Imperial Army soldiers had surrendered early, and the Northern Army just tied them up, but some of them knew they would die after being captured and resisted, only to be cut down on the spot by the Northern Army.

    There was a faint smell of blood in the palace. Among the officials who entered the palace, there were a few who had weathered many storms and waves, but they were few and far between.

  The vast majority of officials were silent.

    They lined up and walked forward slowly, and when they finally came to the side of Yan Jing Ze, they immediately bowed down, some of them still trembling.

"All courtiers, stand," Yan Jing Ze said.

    The officials got up one after another but most did not dare to look up.

    It was not the first time that Prime Minister Cui Xun had encountered such a thing, but the one who dared to look up was shocked when he saw the emperor sitting on the throne.

His Majesty has really changed a lot!

    No, it's not that he's changed too much, but that he's hidden too well.

    Who would have thought that the weak appearance of the Emperor, who was pressured by the Empress Dowager to chant Buddhist scriptures all day long, was all an act?

   He pretended so well that even he, too, did not see the difference.

    Cui Xun came forward and discussed various matters with Yan Jing Ze.

At this point, the other officials were relieved to dare to look at the man in the dragon chair.

    The aura of the young man in the dragon robe has been very different from before, and yes, with the Empress Dowager gone and King Ping gone, he no longer needs to hide.

    Wait... There is one more person.

    His Majesty was able to escape from the hands of the Empress Dowager with the help of the Northern Army, and it was also with the help of the Northern Army that he was able to arrest King Ping this time.

    The bird flies away, the good bow is hidden, the cunning rabbit dies, the dog is cooked, can His Majesty tolerate Chu Ting Xiu?

Most of these civil officials disliked Chu Tingxiu.

    Chu Ting Xiu was just a military general, but previously, he held the government in check and didn't take them seriously. They resented Chu Ting Xiu, this bad luck.

But at this moment, they suddenly felt a little sympathy for Chu Ting Xiu.

Grand Tutor Yang is an imperial advisor, and he also came after such a thing happened in the palace, and at this time he felt even more sorry for Chu Ting Xiu.